Sign in to follow this  
nosaj_armstrong

Blurry Buildings in Ultra

Hi all

Is it normal to have ground buildings and vegetation be this blurry and boxy in large cities like Orlando with Ultra settings? I wish i knew how to upload a picture instead of a URL image.

I don't see a picture, but if it's photogrammetry, yes. The quality of the source data can get pretty bad.

1 minute ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

Yes sorry I have a picture but I cannot add it to my post, unsure how to dot that. 

Photogrammetry cities can look blurry at times. Maybe precaching helps. You can also try to disable photogrammetry.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Photogrammetry cities can look blurry at times. Maybe precaching helps. You can also try to disable photogrammetry.

I wouldn't bother. It's just a limitation of photogrammetry when you get close. Smearing and blurs are common on that data. I turn it off unless I specifically want to do a city tour or something. The AI does just fine.

I really hope they fix the photogrammetry trees/buildings/objects. It is beautiful when it works. But they only render when you get up close, which ruins the immersion. Manual cache doesn't seem to be doing anything either, and I believed it's bugged at the moment.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They target this as a vfr oriented sim, but if you go to any city that’s modeled below 500ft you can see trees and all sort of stuff protruding from every building on every street,

NYC look like a scary nightmare, allot of mesh issue we cannot fix, night lighting also sucks, it looks nice from 2500ft and above, at 500 you will be flying below most street lights,

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It's such a pity that we're stuck with Bing map. Google map is so much better but we can only dream to have it in MSFS. Or someone eventually may find a hack to use Google maps? Heck, MSFS could strike a deal with Google so for extra $$ we can stream Google data instead and I'll be happy to pay. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Not only blurry but outdated data in many cases. Santa Monica airport is now 3,500ft not the 5,000ft shown in the sim 😞

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.