Sign in to follow this  
prod18557

FSX missions on FS2020

Do you people think that the old FSX missions could somehow be played on FS2020?

Perhaps with some tweaking on the appropriate files or with a missions editor perhaps. I really dont know how this could work so im asking here if you think its possible

I'd love to play missions like amazon trek and many more but on this new sim.

• Like 2

I was wondering the same thing. I was hoping there would be a bunch of missions like in FSX. The landing missions are ok, but Im just hoping for a bit more to do other than aimlessly flying around and enjoying the scenery.

• Like 1

I miss the Acceleration adventures a lot! Landing challenges and (bugged) bush trips are ok and serve to showcase the main strength of the game (graphics). But they get old fast.

Exactly my point. Landings are great but they are just this, landings. And bush trips are great to enjoy the scenery . But having missions where you supposedly are a cargo plane on Africa, or an airline pilot with a medical emergency on board (remember the London to Amsterdam mission?) or the missing ship on vermuda triangle etc, those made the game so immersive. I really hope some knowledgeable with programming members will try to make those fsx missions playable on fs2020. Or even better Microsoft itself create some new ones! 

• Like 1

I have kept fir years a copy of FSX in my computer for the sole purpose of having missions to fly. I fly more of P3d and x plane a  lot more flying but from time to time a good mission really makes up for the faults of the sim.

Harry Woodrow

Yeah, missions would be awesome and add so much depth. An actual career mode could be implemented with levels and achievements.

Hopefully something will come out in the future.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

use your own creativity  and play like if you do missions..or try fseconomy.

fs economy has nothing to do with missions.  IIf someone wans to play at runnung a bussiness thatsa fine but I come here to fly.  The thing about missions is you do not know what to expect alwaays,  When you fly routes or flights normally you do not have hat element of surprise with what comes.

• Like 2

Harry Woodrow

Check out Job Board from MSFlight it auto-generated transport missions with cargo/livestock and passengers. It was awsome.

I proposed to Zendesk that they implement that.

But yes, the FSX missions were great, i also enjoyed a ton of the self-mades here on avsim.

• Like 2

I got this response from a 3rd party mission developer:

"As it stands with the SDK in it's current state, a mission cannot be made except by Asobo.

They promise that full functionality for third party developers is coming soon, which will allow me to insert the (mostly finished )mission logic into the flight and package it as a mission for release.

I have several mission products in development, with Voyager being the first."

• Like 1

imyj2f-5.png

On 9/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, andrecarli737 said:

"They promise that full functionality for third party developers is coming soon" ... That is true and now in 2023, we're still waiting on that promise.  The SDK has a place holder for Mission Development but it remains empty.  I don't think ASOBO realizes 3rd party development is the reason FSX remains the best selling software in history and still popular after 15 years.

Three year old thread on a 17 year old sim....😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310