Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Day 5 most SIGNIFICANT--->OMG! Post..the real deal, LOL!

1 minute ago, TheRandomGuy said:

I didn't mean for my post to come out harsh. With your pixel density I agree you could possibly downscale a bit with little loss in visual quality and a good gain in performance. 😋

I was even thinking of un-packing my non wide 1920x1200 native...but truly...this WAS my OMG 'one moment that rules them all.  From here on out...it's simply fly and enjoy. 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheRandomGuy said:

That is correct. My point, as an example, was that 4k looks worse at 60" than at 27" (Lookup pixel density). 

Does this apply to OLED TVs as well? 

58 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Oh wow...sorry to read that...hope the next one has killer spec's! 🙂

i7 10700k (5.1ghz),  2080 super, 32 RAM of memory, internet speed 1000gb, Samsung QLED 55”

Edited by Huascar

It's definitely the best "tweak" for FPS over quality.

I'm running High Settings with Render Scale at 70% for 3440x1440 on older hardware (3930K and GTX970).... Getting about 35fps in GA aircraft.

Matthew S

9 hours ago, Huascar said:

My understanding is that the size of your monitor/TV is irrelevant in terms of FPS. What matters is the resolution. A 27” monitor on 4K has the same impact as an 80” inch monitor with the same resolution. 

Screen size doesn't directly have anything to do with performance, but resolution does. ... Higher resolutionmeans more pixels, and pixel count definitely does impact performance in modern games - more pixels = more work to be done per frame = lower frame rate.”

Size doesn't matter.  It's all about performance !! 😀

Edited by sweetmusic

Current setup is:

Ryzen 7 3700x

Evga RTX 2080 super

32gb ddr4 3200mhz

1tb 970 evo m.2

1tb ssd

gigabit connection.

I have it set to 4k high end with some tweaks( terrain level of detail and the other detail slider at 180) running with the data on and I was still hitting close to 30 fps with ground traffic, and commercial air traffic with those sliders at 70. This is good enough for me as it's not stuttering at all over LA or even NYC. NYC drops into the mid 20s with Photogrammetry on, but still no frame stutters. I didn't see a huge fps improvement setting it down to 80 with TAA on though. I kept it at 100 with no AA and it was around the same for me. The only time I had a stutter was one landing at KLAX with a full airport of commercial airliners. 

The next gen Zen, and intels along with the new RTX cards will be able to run this no problem considering the 3070 alone will be far more powerful than the current 2080 Ti. I still feel there is some in game issues at play causing some fps loss though.

Been running 80% rendering scale on a 65” Samsung 4k tv and visual degradation is minimal. Everything else is standard ultra settings, system is powered by a 2080Ti. I was getting pretty good frames before but this definitely gives me more headroom for those big cities and mega airports  

14 minutes ago, deetee said:

Been running 80% rendering scale on a 65” Samsung 4k tv and visual degradation is minimal. Everything else is standard ultra settings, system is powered by a 2080Ti. I was getting pretty good frames before but this definitely gives me more headroom for those big cities and mega airports  

Me too. 80% with AA and I end up with a slightly 'soft' (like film vs videotape) but not displeasing image quality. I like the crispness of full render, but you can't have it all. Smooth beats crisp.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)