Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Weather in custom toolbar is grayed out?

Tried everything i found on the internet and nothing..

-Run the simulator as administrator

-Disable multi player option

-Using the live weather mode

-Reset the panels layout

- Online option ON

Running out of ideas...im i the only one having this problem???

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I get this only and always when I load a saved flight.... Never with a new flight.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

1 minute ago, Julia said:

I get this only and always when I load a saved flight.... Never with a new flight.

I also read that, but for me is always, dont understand why 😞

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Does it show up if you don’t have live weather on?

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

26 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Does it show up if you don’t have live weather on?

One of the few things i didn't tried, but im going to try.

Marques

Yup, it's if you have live players on for multiplayer, it only let's you use live weather. I had this myself the other day and it took me a few minutes to figure out.

@jothanon @steve310002 did you guys read the full post? But thank you anyway

Marques

I quit, tried all things included in this site and nothing...

https://www.gosunoob.com/guides/change-live-weather-problems-in-flight-simulator-2020/

Hoping for a fix.

Marques

Had the same thing yesterday after I turned multiplayer on and flew around Detroit. Then I turned it off, and had no weather icon.  After trying a lot of things, I did the following this morning, and I have the weather icon back.

1).Turned ON Live Multiplayer and Live Weather.  

2) Set up an airport to depart from.  On that screen, I clicked on ALL Players for multiplayer.  Weather was set to live.   Clicked on the Fly Button

3) Once at the airfield, clicked on FLY.  Now I had the weather icon back. Opened it up, and set the weather to Clear Skies.  Hit ESC and clicked on Restart at bottom menu.  When at airfield again, weather icon was still there.

4)  Exited flight, and clicked on General Options, Data, and turned Live Multiplayer OFF.  Left Live Weather ON.

5). Weather icon is now working again.

Hope this helps,

Bill

• Like 2

The weather problem appears to be with saved flights. Apparently when you save a flight it saves also the weather you were in when the flight was saved. When you load up that flight later you get the weather that was saved with it and you can't change it to anything else. This is something that needs to be fixed. I also tried all the suggested fixes including the one right above this reply and nothing works. The weather icon on the Custom Toolbar remains greyed out. If I start a new flight the weather icon is in the toolbar and works as it should. How would one go about getting this problem looked at and fixed?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:57 AM, mastb said:

Had the same thing yesterday after I turned multiplayer on and flew around Detroit. Then I turned it off, and had no weather icon.  After trying a lot of things, I did the following this morning, and I have the weather icon back.

2) Set up an airport to depart from.  On that screen, I clicked on ALL Players for multiplayer.  Weather was set to live.   Clicked on the Fly Button

3) Once at the airfield, clicked on FLY.  Now I had the weather icon back. Opened it up, and set the weather to Clear Skies.  Hit ESC and clicked on Restart at bottom menu.  When at airfield again, weather icon was still there.

4)  Exited flight, and clicked on General Options, Data, and turned Live Multiplayer OFF.  Left Live Weather ON.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Thanks Bill, helped me sort out a Time/weather issue, I had been all around this trying to get working but your post helped me zero in on my problem which came down to having Live vs All Players on in Multiplayer option. Is logical when you think about it. Cheers

Mike

On 12/3/2020 at 9:12 PM, BigT65 said:

The weather problem appears to be with saved flights. Apparently when you save a flight it saves also the weather you were in when the flight was saved. When you load up that flight later you get the weather that was saved with it and you can't change it to anything else. This is something that needs to be fixed. I also tried all the suggested fixes including the one right above this reply and nothing works. The weather icon on the Custom Toolbar remains greyed out. If I start a new flight the weather icon is in the toolbar and works as it should. How would one go about getting this problem looked at and fixed?

7 months after release and still not fixed.......

Edited by NightOfDreams

On 12/3/2020 at 9:57 AM, mastb said:

Hope this helps,

Bill

This works! Almost 2 years later. I had been round and round trying to fix it but this did the trick.