Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ERROR

I’m using p3dv5 and I only get the dxgi device hung error if I’m flying in vr and I click on disable vr, the vram usage is usually no more than 3.7-7.

jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

well i tried everything above and still get this error.

i am confused as to why its was working fine prior to reinstalling p3d v5

if i dont install trueglass and real light now the 787 it works fine

im stumped

Mike

I'm actually getting this issue now too with the 787, A330, CRJ.  I had put in new beta real light and true glass textures I got from the tfdi 717 discord server.  So it's possible that is very likely the problem.  Strange thing is the tfdi 717 and md88 work without any issues.  I even tried reinstalling the CRJ from scratch thinking that would replace the RL/TG textures.  so I'm not sure what's up now. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I'm actually getting this issue now too with the 787, A330, CRJ.  I had put in new beta real light and true glass textures I got from the tfdi 717 discord server.  So it's possible that is very likely the problem.  Strange thing is the tfdi 717 and md88 work without any issues.  I even tried reinstalling the CRJ from scratch thinking that would replace the RL/TG textures.  so I'm not sure what's up now. 

With my 1080ti, I had to disable vsync on my setup, to avoid the crash with rain effects, albeit it wasn't TrueGlass, it was A2A's windshield.dll.

Once I disabled vsync I had to find some alternate way to limit frame rate to maintain smoothness.  Presently I am limiting frames via the nvidia control panel (set at 30 fps, refresh at 60hz).   This is currently smoother for me than 30 fps / 30 hz.  Call next week, it may be different, heh.   

I assume you already tried with vsync off vs. on and limiting via the nvidia control panel?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

@Mace I don't use any A2A airplanes.  So I'm guessing it's not that?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What was interesting.

when I reinstalled v5 I did not have disable Full screen optimization checked.

it would crash.

and when i did so it worked for a little while.

and now it’s doing it again.

mike  

Edited by mikeymike
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

@Mace I don't use any A2A airplanes.  So I'm guessing it's not that?

Well, maybe, but I wouldn't assume that.  Even though trueglass.dll does not equal windshield.dll, their graphical effects/shaders/system demands are similar.

The point I was making was that on my rig vsync on or off-with-limiter did affect whether or not I got DXGI errors or not, with rain effects.  This was about a month ago with I think one previous nvidia driver version from current.

So have you experimented with vsync on or off?  And when doing vsync off, limit frames via the nvidia control panel?  It may make no difference for your specific stability/crashes, but it's worth looking into because it did affect mine.  My setup is really stable now.

We both have 1080ti's and that was another commonality I found with at least one other person who reported rain fx crashes.  The previous two driver releases did not change this behavior.  I have not tested with the latest drivers though.  I think I'm one driver release behind right now.  Currently running 4K @ 60 hz refresh.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Right now this is being talked about in the developer forums of certain payware. Most seem to think this related to the recent true glass update. Which would also correlate with why it’s happening only in true glass airplanes and always immediately after launching despite modest vram usage. Think we just have a bug. I will do some tests with it disabled when time allows. Yes I have tried it on and off. 

43 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Right now this is being talked about in the developer forums of certain payware. Most seem to think this related to the recent true glass update. Which would also correlate with why it’s happening only in true glass airplanes and always immediately after launching despite modest vram usage. Think we just have a bug. I will do some tests with it disabled when time allows. Yes I have tried it on and off. 

I removed true glass and real light and aircraft working fine.

if it is a bug, hoping it’s addressed soon?

do you know when the latest update was?

thanks

mike

I just noticed in the P3d v5 exe compatibility mode.

there is a previous version of the exe.

could this be a cause of issue?

how do I delete it?

thanks

mike

I think it's definitely not on your end MikeyMike.  We probably just have to leave true glass / real light off until they issue a new version. 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I think it's definitely not on your end MikeyMike.  We probably just have to leave true glass / real light off until they issue a new version. 

Yes I did that unfortunately.

So how do I get back some lighting in cockpit now as the knobs don’t illuminate as well. 
And my logo light does not illuminate.

thanks

mike

@mikeymike So I've found I can turn on real light DLL.  It's the trueglass that has to be off.  Try that.  I'm able to have lights now. 

12 minutes ago, micstatic said:

@mikeymike So I've found I can turn on real light DLL.  It's the trueglass that has to be off.  Try that.  I'm able to have lights now. 

Ok I will try right now 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

All good with real light 

thank you very much 

Never mind lol

it crashed after a few minutes whikst panning 

mike

Edited by mikeymike
  • Like 1