Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Well for me anyway, FS9 rules, FSX waste of money

Polls are meaningless. There are some who will flat out lie about their FSX performance, especially those who are, and want to remain, beta testers, and the usual suckups who seem to abound here.

Guest Adrian Wainer

>With all due respect Craig:>>I can't get FSX to run decently on my computer. I'm not>asking for full sliders to the right, but I ain't flying>around over some ridiculous flat photorealistic map either>pretending that the world really looks like that.>>Now. >>1) I've tried all the tweaks available>>2) My PC screams with EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE TITLE, except FSX>tell me about the serious problems I have with my PC. My>specs are below.>>TEll you what. Where do you live? I will FLY you here first>class and if you can tweak my PC so that it is not a>stuttering mess then I will pay for your ticket, your hotel>and a rent-a-car for a WEEK. If you cannot then YOU pay for>your own stay.>>How about putting your $$$ (pounds, rupies, sheckles, etc.)>where your mouth is.>>AgreedI have FS X running on my new computer AMD Athlon 64 4800 dualcore 939 Socket 1 Gigabyte RAM DDR1 6600GT Graphics CardWindows XP 64 Professional on SATA Raptor drive 37 GigabyteFS X on regular SATA drive 300 GigbayteThermaltake fan for CPUwww.thermaltake.com/pr...114-01.aspwww.thermaltake.com/pr..._index.asparound 16 FPS but can be as low as 5 FPS at Seattle Airport, I tried overclocking the processor and brought it up to 2800 megahertz from the stock 2400 of the 4800 939 but it did not make much difference to frame rates, though it seemed to load somewhat quicker, so I reset the chip back to the standard non overclocked values.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Hi Len,I noticed you stated -Added the following to fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500Added to fsxcfg:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33-----I don't recall my actual values (not near my FSX PC at the moment), butyou might try these:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=600TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=300Also, the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33 is the default value. I think ACES indicated you should reduce this to a lower level (you will get higher FPS values, but possibly blurries in the far distance). I've tried a few different values, but you could try this:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.20Some have posted reducing this all the way toFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.001While that can work, in my case, the 7cm textures were a bit blurry directly below my plane, but the FPS shot up - WAY up!Jerry G.

Guest FxF3

>Polls are meaningless. There are some who will flat out lie>about their FSX performance, especially those who are, and>want to remain, beta testers, and the usual suckups who seem>to abound here. No some are just having fun with FSX. were not beta testers or suckups just Simmers. I really wish those of you who are having problems with FSX can get them fixed. Maybe going back to FS9 will help some of you till you can solve your FSX woes. Goodluck if all else fails this may help.http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.aspIts the fastest way to voice your opinon about a product. It will work a lot better then calling people names or being worried over some software you hate.

Agular, Speak for yourself re: suckups. Perhaps you would define exactly what that means? And perhaps sign a real name? Craig

> Agular,>> Speak for yourself re: suckups. Perhaps you would define>exactly> what that means?If you don't know, or PRETEND not to know, you DO know.> And perhaps sign a real name?And suppose I signed what you think is a real name. Would it matter?Fine.John Doe.

Well John Doe, Thanks for such a well thought out response to a simple question. I'm starting to think AVSIM should require age verification to join the FORUM's as well as some proof of IQ and it is highly doubtful that you would qualify on either account. The bottom line is if you don't have an intelligent comment to make or something that will possibly help others then perhaps you should just refrain from posting. Craig

>>GEEZE.... I'm getting tired of the BS>>>Then you should stop the BS. Every video I have seen has>stutters, my machine which is top of the line has stutters and>every other forum users say they have stutters. Everytime>somebody posts something contrary to your position you need>not pop up like roger rabit and declare your delusions of>granduer with fsx. Its us who is simply getting tired of your>BS. >>There is no Personal computer which will not stutter while>banking on the default setting and visible panel in major>cities. Period. Spare us your rantings.-----children------- :-roll

> I'm starting to think AVSIM should require age verification>to join> > the FORUM's as well as some proof of IQ...LOL!After being subjected to all of these moronic anti-FSX threads the last couple of weeks, I'm starting to actually feel myself losing I.Q. points.