Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Pop-up and click spot

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

BTW.. you said earlier that you also have the GTN750 installed..

I actually use the GTN750 in my C310... something to consider as an option.. 😉

Yes, I have the GTN750. That's my next nice-to-learn project. I have it installed in Flywaresim's Falcon 50  and plan to use it  in the Carenado's Phenom 300 which I also have (I haven't used both. Bought them on sale ). Those seem more appropriate for the GTN750?  I'm trying to focus on the GNS for now since I really want to install them also on two other nice props: Justflight's Arrow IV and Milviz's PC-6 (also bought on sale :-)). If developers want to sell them, I can definitely attest that having 'sales' work on me. I have a lot of experience in impulse buying! Lol.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

4 minutes ago, oneleg said:

Yes, I have the GTN750. That's my next nice-to-learn project. I have it installed in Flywaresim's Falcon 50  and plan to use it  in the Carenado's Phenom 300 which I also have..

For the Phenom 300, you are going to need my mod.  If interested, send me a PM with your email address.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58726&title=gtn-in-phenom-300-p3d4

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

For the Phenom 300, you are going to need my mod.  If interested, send me a PM with your email address.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58726&title=gtn-in-phenom-300-p3d4

Done. Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You are welcome!

Lets see if I can answer your questions..

1. These are the common numbers that RXP tends to use, but you can change them to whatever you like, as long as they match.

2.  in Window03 and 04, delete these lines

visible=1
always_visible=1

You can replace it by

visible=0

3.  Check the power options for each of the GNS gauges in the RXP settings window and adjust them to your preference. Your ini file shows the current settings as PowerKnob = DEFAULT_ON and PowerSource as ALWAYS_ON.

If you change the PowerSource to Avionics On, and PowerKnob to DEFAULT_OFF you should be able to do what you are looking for.

See User Manual page 11..

I believe the default for the PowerKnob is Volume only..  in which case the power button is inop.

@Bert Pieke

I got it all working. Thank you, and thanks for sending me the Phenom 300 mod also. Now that I have your mod, I guess I have no choice but to install the Phenom 300 already and see how your mod works. 🙂

With regards to the page 11 citation on the PowerKnob...

I am now able to turn on the 530 and 430 in the virtual cockpit but I can't turn it off from the virtual cockpit (which doesn't make sense if it is just a toggle). To turn it off I have to go to the 2D panel.

Also, the manual say's "Volume Only". I read that as an option only, in other words there is or could be another or other options (such as power on or off). The knob as designed now, can't do both functions ie. on/off and volume adjuster. It's mutually exclusive: one or the other.  It's one dimensional in a matter of speaking?

With regards to the power source in the manual, there are so many options listed but with no details eg. battery bus, hot battery bus, etc. Do you know if these details are simulated and explained somewhere else in the manual or in some other reference sources?

Edited by oneleg
Typo correction

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

55 minutes ago, oneleg said:

@Bert Pieke

I got it all working. Thank you, and thanks for sending me the Phenom 300 mod also. Now that I have your mod, I guess I have no choice but to install the Phenom 300 already and see how your mod works. 🙂

I am now able to turn on the 530 and 430 in the virtual cockpit but I can't turn it off from the virtual cockpit (which doesn't make sense if it is just a toggle). To turn it off I have to go to the 2D panel.

Also, the manual say's "Volume Only". I read that as an option only, in other words there is or could be another or other options (such as power on or off). The knob as designed now, can't do both functions ie. on/off and volume adjuster. It's mutually exclusive: one or the other.  It's one dimensional in a matter of speaking?

With regards to the power source in the manual, there are so many options listed but with no details eg. battery bus, hot battery bus, etc. Do you know if these details are simulated and explained somewhere else in the manual or in some other reference sources?

Some of this is trial and error... The virtual cockpit model is developed by Milviz and it may or may not play nice with the RXP gauges..  For other planes, I have sometimes fixed up a thing or two (like in the Phenom), but in the Milviz, I have the GTN750 in the panel.

The reason for the many options is that RXP wants you to be able to find something that works in the particular airplane.. for the Mooney "Avionics on" seems to do the job, but feel free to experiment!

• Upvote 1

Bert

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Some of this is trial and error... The virtual cockpit model is developed by Milviz and it may or may not play nice with the RXP gauges..  For other planes, I have sometimes fixed up a thing or two (like in the Phenom), but in the Milviz, I have the GTN750 in the panel.

The reason for the many options is that RXP wants you to be able to find something that works in the particular airplane.. for the Mooney "Avionics on" seems to do the job, but feel free to experiment!

Ahhh.... that makes complete sense. RXP gauges are designed for many types of planes.

Have you ever seen an instance where the power on/off switch on the RXP gauges also works as volume control in the virtual cockpit?

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

32 minutes ago, oneleg said:

Have you ever seen an instance where the power on/off switch on the RXP gauges also works as volume control in the virtual cockpit?

Well, yes.. in some airplanes the mouse actions are passed right through to the RXP gauge.  In others, the mouse actions are intercepted and interpreted by the 3d model code.

• Like 1

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well, yes.. in some airplanes the mouse actions are passed right through to the RXP gauge.  In others, the mouse actions are intercepted and interpreted by the 3d model code.

Looking at the forum messages I feel like I, RXP, and the community owes you a lot.  You're very helpful. I'm very appreciative of your efforts Bert. Thank you very much.

• Like 2

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay.

Thank you @Bert Pieke and @fppilot for all your help in this discussion and the forum in general!

@oneleg It might seem daunting at first but like you're experiencing, one step at a time, you're getting there. Complexity is inherent to the solution both in real life but also in the simulation world because of the many different ways to integrate the gauges with so many different aircraft.

Having said this, here are a few additional pointers:

- Window ident number is something pertaining to panel.cfg file. This is documented in the Flight Simulator SDK, for example:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

in short, there is a range of values available and some preset names (THROTTLE_PANEL). The RXP product supports both and the inline comment in the RXP ini file is basically telling: "you can toggle the window which ident is known and set forth if you write down its value or name at the right side of the equal sign" (popright = THROTTLE_PANEL or popright = 12345)

- When changing RXP GTN/GNS settings, it is always best to use the GUI settings panel. You have clearly organized settings and settings names visible unlike the 'shorten' names found in the ini file. In this particular case, there is a specific setting to configure how would you like the POWER knob to work.

- In doubt or when you're searching for a setting you can always open the RXP User's Manual (it is a PDF file) and search the file content. In this particular case the manual includes a full chapter explaining each and every single setting.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)