Sign in to follow this  
emanIA

MFD reboots in Bonanza G36 post patch

Flew two flights today after updating and both times I was cruising at altitude with the autopilot on using NAV and ALT and suddenly the MFD went blank with a beep like it was rebooting.  The start screen would show up on it where you have to push the button and then it would be back on and the flight plan there, but of course once it went out the autopilot was disconnected and plane started turning.  Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Edited by emanIA

Are you using the G36 mod?  If so I would remove it until it’s patched, I’ve removed all my aircraft mods because the latest official patch clearly tweaked a lot of the core files so incompatibility is inevitable...

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

23 minutes ago, emanIA said:

Flew two flights today after updating and both times I was cruising at altitude with the autopilot on using NAV and ALT and suddenly the MFD went blank with a beep like it was rebooting.  The start screen would show up on it where you have to push the button and then it would be back on and the flight plan there, but of course once it went out the autopilot was disconnected and plane started turning.  Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Same here in the C172 G1000. Unit wouldn't reboot on its own though, just stayed black, had to flip avionics bus 2 off/on to get it restarted. Kept happening every few minutes so I quit the flight. Also no mods.

Edited by desbean

1 minute ago, emanIA said:

I was wondering if it was plane specific or G1000 specific.  That answers that. 

Maybe something other than the G1000 also. In the C172 analog the AP shut off 10-minutes into flight and couldn't be turned back on.

Damage settings?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Damage settings?

I've never turned on any failures to this point, but might be something to look at.

20 minutes ago, desbean said:

Maybe something other than the G1000 also. In the C172 analog the AP shut off 10-minutes into flight and couldn't be turned back on.

Interesting...

Reported to Zendesk?  Perhaps by each experiencing the issue.  This one, if proved, should be a "burn the midnight oil" priority fix.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 minutes ago, emanIA said:

I've never turned on any failures to this point, but might be something to look at.

19 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Damage settings?

Damage off, before and after patch. Another strange thing was a backup battery warning before flight. Wondering if these problems are more related to an electrical glitch. Will report all to zendesk.

Same with the Virus SW, MFD goes blank...

I can reset it by turning the avionics switch to off and then back on....but the MFD goes blank again at random times.

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem after a few minutes I lose AP and the MFD goes dark.

I removed all mods prior patch. Then after installing patch I launched  MSFS, exited, and  I moved all mods one by one back. That includes G36 mode and updated after patch beta G1000 mod. After that I flew  Bonanza for several hours without any problems without any problem.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

39 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I removed all mods prior patch. Then after installing patch I launched  MSFS, exited, and  I moved all mods one by one back. That includes G36 mode and updated after patch beta G1000 mod. After that I flew  Bonanza for several hours without any problems without any problem.

I just pulled 95% of my addon's out of the community folder and restarted the sim.  Now the MFD's stay lit up but the AP on the bonanza goes crazy when I hit the AP button it causes the plane to nosedive down to the right.  AP seems to be working on the 172.