Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Thank you, Joerg, Sab and team!

Thank you very much Asobo, I look forward to being a part of and following the game's development in the future.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, Barnes said:

Well, I’m glad I bought it. No regrets and having a blast!

If a Gorn recommends it...I'm on board!

Just be careful of falling rocks and weirdos sporting home-made cannons around here....very dangerous for Gorns!

If I recall, you were standing right about were the yellow arrow is when a huge, Styrofoam boulder fell on you. 😉

w7YAxW.jpg

Google "Where Gorn episode was filmed" if you're intrigued 🙂 

Could have I had brought this little tidbit of Star Trek trivia in any sim before this one?  Not out of the box...and not in this detail.  Thanks MS/AS for giving me a chance to let a Gorn re-live some terrifying memories. 🤣 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Best thing to ever happen to flight simming.  VFR flying at its best and taken to a whole new level.  Almost hate flying IFR in cloudy conditions for fear of missing the ground below! Default aircraft are stunning.

Congrats ASOBO team!

John

I spent a lot of time in Prince George, British Columbia back in the 70's.  The city was in a valley and the surrounding pulp mills occasionally produced a smog that would layer the city and spread out over the surrounding hills.  I had my pilot's licence and would rent 150s for $30 and hour whenever I could afford it.

Last night I sat on the CYXS runway in P3DV5, A2A 182.  I have all the addons, HIFI, orbx, envtex, etc. etc.  The airplane, airport and surroundings were dull, flat and unconvincing. 

I switched to the same airport in the MSFS 172.  I was immersed in a pea soup fog as I remember it, the sloped runway, lights blinking through the haze.  I took off, climbed above the fog into the setting sun and eventually found a bush strip that was in the clear.  Taxied up to the cabins at the far end, saw a street light through the foliage, it was quite dark now, but one cabin had a welcoming light through the window.

When I shut down the G1000 stayed on, but this was the only glitch.  Otherwise, the scenery, airports and 172 were totally convincing  and the memories came flooding back.  Everything was smooth and stutter free (1080Ti, 8700K, 32 Gig Ram). And this, with the exception of FSUIPC, was a 100% default sim.  I have never experienced anything remotely similar since my flying days of 40 odd years ago.  I can only say, kudos to Asobo and Microsoft for bringing this level of immersion to flight simulation!  An outstanding product, which I know will only get better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lon Duncombe said:

I spent a lot of time in Prince George, British Columbia back in the 70's.  The city was in a valley and the surrounding pulp mills occasionally produced a smog that would layer the city and spread out over the surrounding hills.  I had my pilot's licence and would rent 150s for $30 and hour whenever I could afford it.

Last night I sat on the CYXS runway in P3DV5, A2A 182.  I have all the addons, HIFI, orbx, envtex, etc. etc.  The airplane, airport and surroundings were dull, flat and unconvincing. 

I switched to the same airport in the MSFS 172.  I was immersed in a pea soup fog as I remember it, the sloped runway, lights blinking through the haze.  I took off, climbed above the fog into the setting sun and eventually found a bush strip that was in the clear.  Taxied up to the cabins at the far end, saw a street light through the foliage, it was quite dark now, but one cabin had a welcoming light through the window.

When I shut down the G1000 stayed on, but this was the only glitch.  Otherwise, the scenery, airports and 172 were totally convincing  and the memories came flooding back.  Everything was smooth and stutter free (1080Ti, 8700K, 32 Gig Ram). And this, with the exception of FSUIPC, was a 100% default sim.  I have never experienced anything remotely similar since my flying days of 40 odd years ago.  I can only say, kudos to Asobo and Microsoft for bringing this level of immersion to flight simulation!  An outstanding product, which I know will only get better. 

I share your sentiments on just how immersive this sim is.  I mean....in what sim before this one I could, in 5 mins, have an XCub over the site they filmed the Gorn Star Trek episode, take a screen, and post it here? 🙂

Just before that...I was in the XCub, flying from Carbon to Provo...catching this moment as I descended into Provo. (Just look at everything going on...the ground lights, the sunrise on the tips of the mountains, cockpit and human at a level we've never seen with this level of performance...super smooth on my older machine)....out of the box!

i5so5m.jpg

Haters can hate this sim all they want....I'm enjoying the heck outta' it. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

If I recall, you were standing right about were the yellow arrow is when a huge, Styrofoam boulder fell on you. 😉

Yeah, got dust all over my gold lame toga.

Hope to see you splashing some paint on the NG3 when she hits the skies.

Honestly, once that bird is in this sim, I'm never going to go outside again...

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

3 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Hope to see you splashing some paint on the NG3 when she hits the skies

You'll have to bring a crowbar to my house and pry me outta' the captain's chair in MSFS and back into the paint booth. 🙂

We have a ways to go before 3rd party paint gets splashed on the PMDG fleet in MSFS (even as a PMDG beta team member in the GFO painter's area, I can only tell you, that I can't tell you anything I may or may not know.)

Please see here for how I must respond under a PMDG NDA:

I cannot tell a lie....

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

25 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I can only tell you, that I can't tell you anything I may or may not know.

Tease...

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

1 minute ago, Barnes said:

Tease...

Hehe.....not to worry...as soon as there is something to report...believe me, I won't be able to. 🙂

The Chief makes all the major announcements...and trust me, as much as the beta teams are compartmentalized (just like in the military, and a GOOD thing in my opinion)....If I'm not on a project...the 1st I hear about it is when you guys do. 

So don't send me money to hopefully get some inside news on development at PMDG...I'll just resend you the link to the Shrek 3 vid, and use your money towards my new system/video card.  (But if you do want to send me money because you think I'm and all-around good guy and a minor contributor to the hobby over the years...I certainly can't stop you.) 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Yeah, got dust all over my gold lame toga.

I was just worried in that scene that you got a ton of dust in your sparkly eyes, since you can't seem to blink. 😉

EDIT: I'm sorry...I used a "wink" emoji when its clear you can't wink either....very insensitive of me.   I'd understand if you report me to HR.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I like the positive vibe of this thread. Not that it matters much but I also like the sim already in its current state. It has amazing elements. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px