Sign in to follow this  

Now I read that the 3090 (releasing today) is only giving around 10-15% performance increase over the 3080 on 4k games. That's a lot of $$$ for a small increase but that's presumably 2D. Any thoughts on whether MSFS/Reverb G2 will extract/benefit more from this mega GPU with its 24GB etc than 4k shoot em ups?

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

look a little below at the topic "30xx series and VR"

a few tested the 3080 in VR and it look's like it works great in VR,
so i expect the 3090 will work even better expecially with the big Ram,
i will report here my VR experience as soon as my 3090 is shipped to me,
they said this Friday or Saturday but i dont believe it!

6 hours ago, TuFun said:

Performs on par with a 3080...

MSFS with 3090

Interesting. I guess we should be looking at the ultrahd for a comparison with the reverb, and the 3090 just puts it above 45fps which gets us to 90 with timewarpy tricks. The 3080 is just below 45fps but surely in the the next few weeks MS will have optimised a few things and shifted all the bars to the right. The increase is pretty minor then and MSFS doesn’t seem to be doing much with that extra 14GB. Extra $$ seems hard to justify here.

Edited by Spit40
  • Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

8 hours ago, Spit40 said:

I guess we should be looking at the ultrahd for a comparison with the reverb, and the 3090 just puts it above 45fps which gets us to 90 with timewarpy tricks.

Plus do all settings really need to be maxed out? Some of them make very little difference so would be a good trade off to get 45 fps or above with VR. Also, 45fps was at 4K in the benchmarks. Most VR headsets are using 2K resolutions screens (if even) so would likely get above well above 45fps with an RTX 3080.