Sign in to follow this  
danwood

Are pre-orders still being accepted?

I've reached the point of despair trying to find a replacement for my aging old Saitek Yoke. Since MSFS 2020 came out I was convinced I needed a Honeycomb but I've had no luck finding one besides on eBay (I refuse to do business with scalpers).  Today however, I came across this Fulcrum yoke... I'm completely smitten by it - THIS is what I need in my life!  But alas, I fear I may be a couple of weeks too late. 😞   I tried registering for the pre-orders on the Fulcrumsim.com website even though the image said "out of stock".  I never got a confirmation email so I'm worried I may have missed out on it.  Is there a chance I can be put on a waiting list or something?  I don't mind waiting for a high quality item like this, but I would love to have the peace of mind knowing that one of these babies will be mine one day in the not too distant future. 

1 hour ago, danwood said:

I've reached the point of despair trying to find a replacement for my aging old Saitek Yoke. Since MSFS 2020 came out I was convinced I needed a Honeycomb but I've had no luck finding one besides on eBay (I refuse to do business with scalpers).  Today however, I came across this Fulcrum yoke... I'm completely smitten by it - THIS is what I need in my life!  But alas, I fear I may be a couple of weeks too late. 😞   I tried registering for the pre-orders on the Fulcrumsim.com website even though the image said "out of stock".  I never got a confirmation email so I'm worried I may have missed out on it.  Is there a chance I can be put on a waiting list or something?  I don't mind waiting for a high quality item like this, but I would love to have the peace of mind knowing that one of these babies will be mine one day in the not too distant future. 

I think you can still pre-order. Try filling out the form here: https://www.fulcrumsim.com/preorder/

My guess is the Out of Stock message is because the yokes have never been in stock yet. 

Al

Edited by ark

@danwood, pre-order if you're able to. The reason the site says "no stock" is because Fulcrum are getting ready to ship the first orders. No-one has received a yoke yet, not even me and I registered way back as soon as the invite was made.

You won't be disappointed with the yoke. Lovely bit of kit. My Saitek yoke is still working but I can't wait to move it on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This was posted about 2 week ago in another thread:

Still on track for this month but there is a long list to get through. The first ones will be going out in about 10 days with others to follow in the following weeks. I'd expect an order placed now to be a month or 6 weeks away as a minimum.

So basically the first one apparently are due to ship very shortly, you can definitely preorder.  There is a backlog of people ahead of you so expect a slight delay.

Thanks for the reply guys.  I filled out the pre-order form again, and this time I got an email confirmation.  I'm super excited!   Of course I realize that it will probably be a few months before they even get to my order, but that's ok - I'm just glad to have a place in line.

A rudder pedal upgrade is next on my list... I'm still using CH pedals which I bought for FS2000 two decades ago!  It's incredible that they still work after all the abuse I've given them over the years.  I'm sentimentally attached to them, but the old potentiometers are starting to show their age, and the jitters are getting very annoying.  I thought about a DIY pot-replacement on them, but I think I'd rather take it to the next level, and invest in something more precise, preferably with a metal construction.  However, it may just have to wait a while.  As frustrating as getting my sim-pit upgraded has been, I'm also pleased to see so many people getting into the hobby.  Once Fulcrum finish building the Yoke, perhaps they can work on getting some rudder pedals on the market?

1 hour ago, danwood said:

Thanks for the reply guys.  I filled out the pre-order form again, and this time I got an email confirmation.  I'm super excited!   Of course I realize that it will probably be a few months before they even get to my order, but that's ok - I'm just glad to have a place in line.

A rudder pedal upgrade is next on my list... I'm still using CH pedals which I bought for FS2000 two decades ago!  It's incredible that they still work after all the abuse I've given them over the years.  I'm sentimentally attached to them, but the old potentiometers are starting to show their age, and the jitters are getting very annoying.  I thought about a DIY pot-replacement on them, but I think I'd rather take it to the next level, and invest in something more precise, preferably with a metal construction.  However, it may just have to wait a while.  As frustrating as getting my sim-pit upgraded has been, I'm also pleased to see so many people getting into the hobby.  Once Fulcrum finish building the Yoke, perhaps they can work on getting some rudder pedals on the market?

Hi Dan, I've checked and you are on the pre order list. We also have a returned mail, apparently the first confirmation email was returned by your email server due to a typo in your email. It was however ordered. I have removed your second order so you are definitely in the queue with one. We are close to shipping but the list is rather long I'm afraid and I can't really give an accurate date yet as we are still facing supply issues due to the current UK Covid situation. I'd guess early November.

Chris

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Hi Dan, I've checked and you are on the pre order list. We also have a returned mail, apparently the first confirmation email was returned by your email server due to a typo in your email. It was however ordered. I have removed your second order so you are definitely in the queue with one. We are close to shipping but the list is rather long I'm afraid and I can't really give an accurate date yet as we are still facing supply issues due to the current UK Covid situation. I'd guess early November.

Chris

That is great to hear!  I apologize for being unable to spell my own email address.  :blush:   Thank you so much for sorting it out.  Your supply issues are very understandable - I will be patient.  

Hi Dan 

For under the cost of a Yoko Yoke + you can get the Fulcrum yoke and these pedals set up like this.

All you would need is the throttle quadrant and you would be all set.

MFG Crosswind V3 1

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

Edvb, thanks for the recommendation.  Those look really nice... I have heard nothing but great things about MFG Crosswinds.   I'm torn between those and the Thrustmaster TPR pedals.  Unfortunately both options are "out of stock" at the moment, so my trusty old CH pedals will have to suffice for the next few months until supply catches back up with the demand.  Crazy times.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, danwood said:

Edvb, thanks for the recommendation.  Those look really nice... I have heard nothing but great things about MFG Crosswinds.   I'm torn between those and the Thrustmaster TPR pedals.  Unfortunately both options are "out of stock" at the moment, so my trusty old CH pedals will have to suffice for the next few months until supply catches back up with the demand.  Crazy times.

You can modify the CH to make them a little more flight friendly in the meantime.

The basic issues with them is they seem designed to double as car pedals so sit flat on the floor and have a strong centre detent so when you us them as an accelerator and brake for a car they do not move about too much on the rudder axis. Needless to say that makes them less than optimal as a flight pedal.

This is one way to remove the detent without losing centering:

https://imgur.com/gallery/GW6Hl

As far as being too flat, there are numerous solutions to this ranging from sticking a box under the rear through to 3D printing a set of upright cessna style pedals to slot into the existing flat pedals. Google around 😄

Longterm though these are all work arounds they will never be perfect.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:29 PM, danwood said:

Dan, I contacted Milan and he let me know when they might be in stock. He updates stock every week so it only took a couple weeks from ordering to receiving them in the US.

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

Although just slightly more expensive than the MFG Crosswinds, you could also consider another comparable high quality, with high precision contactless digital sensors made with an all metal construction, complete with cam centering mechanism and cast aluminium footplates.

From the Virpil Controls range of sim gear from their

VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals (non brake axis only comes as a single-axis pedal set)

VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals,

VPC ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals

VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals

Link to their Worldwide Webstore VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals

Here's some YT reviews to watch.

Snake Eater Company, VIRPIL ACE Rudder Pedal Review!

The Noobifier, ACE Rudder Pedal Initial Pre-order look and Review and Guide

An earlier The Noobifier, MFG Crosswind Pedals - Guide and Review

TheDonkeyPilot, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals Review for Helicopter Pedals for PC - Arma 3 and MSFS

The following non English, French speaking commentary unboxing YT videos.

VF Unboxing Virpil Controls ACE Flight Pedals 1/2

VF Unboxing Virpil Controls ACE Flight Pedals 2/2

A non English, Spanish speaking commentary

VIRPIL VPC ACE 2 rudder pedals impressions look at review

Gentlemen, this is a topic about pre-orders for the Fulcrum One yoke. Could you take this discussion about pedals to a more appropriate sub forum please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather