Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

True Earth Washington.

Anyone here using True Earth Washington, published by Orbx? I'm interested in cityscape screenshots of Victoria BC and surrounding areas on S. Vancouver Island. Thanks

dHGnEzi.jpg

MA6DtYT.jpg

3VtaCfi.jpg

h6dtiEI.jpg

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Broadly yes - There are two versions - on my Linux X-plane i7 2700K GTX970 I use the SD version. On the Win 10 X-plane i7 9700K GTX1080 I use the HD version (which includes SD version in price).

Max object settings and 3/4 video settings in both cases gives 25 - 50 fps with a ga aircraft. Both computers GPU bound, can't justify £1000 on new graphics card. Using Vulkan by the way.

Strongly tempted to put the GTX1080 in the 9 year old Linux machine which will then probably out perform the 6 month old machine such is the poor performance of win 10

Gordon

Should also mention Win 10 is on a 3440*1440 monitor Linux 1920*1200. Running Linux with both monitors simultaneously slows the GTX970 to a slide show. Not tried the 2k screen on linux GTX970 on its own - I am guessing it would be usable.

G

So, all we need to know now is......are those screenshots above from the SD or HD version?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Thanks! That's outstanding- are the FPS tolerable?

If you see my signature, I can happily run TE Washington with autogen and scenery draw distance slider at medium and autogen sliders at very dense for buildings and for vegetation on my system without any stutters at 30 FPS locked (I can average 45 FPS unlocked).
When I reach Seattle with DD's Seattle Airports, AI traffic and weather all on display, it understandably drops to 27 FPS, given all of the detail.

I'm limited by VRAM usage in P3D v5, so autogen and scenery draw is turned down compared to v4.

It's always a balancing act between what your PC can handle and what level of detail you want to see in the sim.

2 hours ago, hovercrafter said:

Broadly yes - There are two versions - on my Linux X-plane i7 2700K GTX970 I use the SD version. On the Win 10 X-plane i7 9700K GTX1080 I use the HD version (which includes SD version in price).

29 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So, all we need to know now is......are those screenshots above from the SD or HD version?

There's no HD vs SD TrueEarth product differentiation in P3D.
That relates only to XP as P3D can compress the photo scenery much more efficiently. P3D is the 'HD' version by default.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm on the fence lately on whether I should buy the TE east coast products. I already have them in XP but I'm hesitant for some reason in P3D. I have all the landclass products for this area in P3D. From the screen above the resolution seems rather blurry to me compared to the landclass. So, do you people recommend TE over landclass for all kinds of flight?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I have TE products in both xplane and P3D - the one thing that is for sure - xplane handles building objects and ortho imagery much better. But it still looks good in P3D.

The thing I really noticed was when flying over dense cities - xplane would lose a couple of frames but otherwise keep going, P3D turned into a slideshow. 

Admittedly I haven't tried TE on P3D since getting a 2080ti, perhaps it is better.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

TrueEarth GB for P3D runs very well on my PC (including over large cities like London), and that's with a GTX 980Ti. Your experience may very well have been with the initial release version of TrueEarth GB South, which was indeed a slideshow around London. ORBx have completely upgraded the product since then.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So I purchased it and installed it. Generally, I am pleased. There is no appreciable drop in performance and even from an altitude of 5-600 feet, the crispness of the scenery is impressive. All the PNW ferries work well with this scenery, except the COHO which has a hate on for the old wax museum. My only observation would be that (and meaning no offence to Orbx), the Empress hotel and the Parliament buildings created by the Late Jon Patch, were much better, in his Victoria + scenery. Having said that, Victoria and the peninsula are superb. I'll explore the Seattle and Tacoma cities next.

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

TrueEarth GB for P3D runs very well on my PC (including over large cities like London), and that's with a GTX 980Ti. Your experience may very well have been with the initial release version of TrueEarth GB South, which was indeed a slideshow around London. ORBx have completely upgraded the product since then.

Christopher - quite so, I had respectable frames everywhere and then went to visit the capital and enjoyed 15 minutes of still images and it got uninstalled. That was well over a year ago and I haven't tried since, I will try it again!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Seattle:

T1wEQsq.jpg

1 hour ago, severniae said:

I had respectable frames everywhere and then went to visit the capital and enjoyed 15 minutes of still images and it got uninstalled. That was well over a year ago

London:

r1WHBxv.jpg
(Performance numbers in top left corner)

• Upvote 1