Sign in to follow this  
Guest killerwatt

Thanks greengriffon Performance Increase FSX: World of ...

Guest Len

We've all been struggling with several issues related to FSX performance. However, greengriffon noted in one shot where I was running at 2.2 to 5 fps (lol) default plane at KSEA, that I might want to try the World of AI planes for the AI (I was a long time user of MyTraffic but don't intend on purchasing any addons because of performance issues with FSX at this time). I have 2 pics. The first was where I had increased airline AI traffic to 30% at KSEA hoping to get some semblance of life to FSX because of huge frame hits in city flying: 2.5 - 5 fps on the tarmac (autogen off and same settings as below). http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Len...aronfsxksea.jpgWell, that was a lost cause, until greengriffon linked me to World of AI. I downloaded all the ai packs. I couldn't go back to KSEA because they don't have NorthWest liveries (except cargo) at this time. So I went to KMIA (default Lear Jet). Since there are numerous American Airlines there I then jacked the AI up to 65% expecting the worst because KMIA is a very detailed airport. What a shocker. Next frame shows 8.2 fps parked at a busy terminal. And that's 8.2-11fps (I took the lowest figure as that was only fair) fairly smooth with several planes around. I can't wait for more liveries! The only constant though is no autogen. But all scenery settings full right except level of detail medium and scenery complexity dense. REAL WEATHER being used. Again, thanks greengriffon. Other than that here are further specs:Ground scenery shadows:0nSpecial effects detail:High70 mi. cloud draw distanceCloud coverage: HighAirline and GA density: 65%Airport vehicle density:lowLand and sea traffic:15%Light Bloom:off (of course)Bilnear filteringLens flare onAircraft VC ultra highAdvanced AnimationsWater:low 2.xLow bit textured clouds (these are a must as they were in FS9)1600x1200 32 bit 2AA,8AF with latest ATI drivers and latest DirectX.P4 3.6 GHz HT 1 gig ram (yes, I'll need another gig of ram), ATI X800XT 256 mb PCIe videohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/kmia1fsx.jpgBy the way. As I've always maintained, criticisms of FSX notwithstanding (and I've had them!), FSX easily beats FS9 for bush flying. The pic below, a lake airport in Alaska on the tarmac with FULL autogen and FULL right scenery complexity with full right water - 13.4 fps. Beautiful:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/alaskalake.jpg

Glad you're liking FSX....some.Mike T. is too; at least to a degree! :D It's been my opinion, that FSX as a lone sim, won't fit all needs by any measure; and it never hurts to use the sim that fits the mood.I have three, FS9, FSX, and X-Plane 8At the moment, I'm downloading more of the North America FSGenesis mesh for FSX. It will be little or no auto-gen for higher flights, and lots of auto-gen for bush flying. Just one of those compromises I suppose.L.Adamson

Guest Len

>Glad you have it working better. Yes right now you have to>make a few compromises depending on the mode of flight-but it>can be done. Your shots-especially the last with the snow>covered trees are spectacular!>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgYep. When FSX loaded to the tarmac I was floored by what I saw. When I took it up (I should have taken more pics) the white covered spruce and pine with the beautiful water gave breathtaking vistas. I'll be posting more pics I'm sure of the bush flying experience.I should note as well, that I put the same plane down at EGLL, and World of AI has BA cargo and passenger liveries and other British carriers and European carriers. Very filled airport at 65%. Again, roughly the same frames as KMIA. This allows me to bring back city flying with the settings modified and default planes with pretty decent looking graphics.

Len-I am unfamiliar with the ai stuff-I have mytraffic fsx installed. I s this world of ai simply replacement aircraft that are more framerate friendly and does it work with mytraffic?Thanks...

>Len->I am unfamiliar with the ai stuff-I have mytraffic fsx>installed. I s this world of ai simply replacement aircraft>that are more framerate friendly and does it work with>mytraffic?>Thanks...I think you have to download World of AI's installer program to install their packages.I am about to try out WofAI but have not yet. I don't have MyTraffic so I don't know if WoAI would work with that.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You're quite welcome Len. Thanks for posting how your performance increased by using 3rd-party AI. Seeing you go from having an unflyable FSX to something you can now enjoy makes it all worthwhile.BTW, if you really want to get Northwest AI operating out of KSEA, it's not hard to do at all. There are tons of threads and tutorials here at AVSIM. WOAI just makes it simple for people who don't want to create the packages themselves, and they seem to select the best aircraft models that are out there in the community for each one.I'm going to try doing my own package for Delta airlines sometime in the next few days. If anyone has any advice on how to do this for myself and Len (for Northwest), I would very much appreciate your insight.Thanks,GG

Guest Len

>Len->I am unfamiliar with the ai stuff-I have mytraffic fsx>installed. I s this world of ai simply replacement aircraft>that are more framerate friendly and does it work with>mytraffic?>Thanks...That's a good question. I've been using MyTraffic since FS2002 early days. I'm not going to purchase the new version. This is the first freeware package that I've used and I'm extremely happy with it. And it's easy as pie. Load the installer. Point it to fsx and point it to the downloaded liveries. Run it. All self-explanatory. The replacement aircraft are arguably better looking than MyTraffic but they are definitely very frame friendly. I've never used them in tandem.http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.html/a'>

Guest TPN_Turnip

Maybe I missed it but do these World of AI planes replace the existing AI planes or is this something you need to load everytime to see?System Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)1 Gig DDR RAM

Guest Len

>Maybe I missed it but do these World of AI planes replace the>existing AI planes or is this something you need to load>everytime to see?>>>System Specs:>P4 3.0>SB Live>ATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)>1 Gig DDR RAMThey replace the existing AI planes. Once you load the installer they're removed. You then load the new packages through the installer and you're good to go.

Guest macman4

What airport,in Alaska, was the screen shot taken at. Thats awesome, Bob

Guest Len

>What airport,in Alaska, was the screen shot taken at. Thats>awesome,> BobLOL!. Bob, I forgot! I just took a random airport and off I went. Didn't even pay attention. In fact, I've been trying to find the place again this evening. Maybe I'll stumble on it but with the huge amount of airports...hehehe

Guest Leafhopper

L. Adamson: I have FSGenesis USA and the performance difference was negligeable. I also have Ultimate Terrain for FS9 and they just came out with a utility to port over to FSX. I uninstalled my FSGenesis and ported the UT - In a word WOW! Better frames rates by a little, but the pauses and stutters have all but gone away, even in and around KPDX. This was a major downer for me with FSX as I live and fly in this region 99 percent of the time. I was about to let FSX just sit on the drive until some future miracle cure could be found. Now, the UT landclass has changed my opinion completely. It looks like my FS9 but with the more real-life flight depiction of FSX it is a real winner! FINALLY!