Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Does MSFS do anything really well?

1 minute ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I'm all about immersion and there are many immersion breaking issues with this sim at the moment.

I fully agree Chris.  But in my opinion, the immersion is really set by your expectations and your willingness to accept that immersion is only as deep as the screen in front of you and whatever sound system you're using.... if you want to get down to brass tacks.   

When I get a phone call when flying, immersion broken

When the neighbor's dogs bark, immersion broken

When my wife walks into the room, or calls from downstairs that dinner is ready,  immersion broken

I completely understand when ATC is completely goofy,  immersion broken

A CTD is definitely immersion broken

Stupid avionics, when you're relying on them for your flight,  immersion broken.

I know there are many more  immersion breaking things, but in the end....sitting at a PC vs in a real cockpit flying over Christ the Redeemer as in my 1st pic, immersion broken.

But have I ever seen a better rendition of this iconic statue out of the box....not even close.

Have I ever seen icing on my wings when I broke through an overcast, and the de-ice boots actually inflating and deflating?  Nope.

Have I ever actually been afraid and literally flying away from a menacing storm (as in the 11th pic)...no...the immersion there was incredible and I swear that storm was chasing me!  I had the throttle firewalled trying to outrun it!

Have I ever had a flawless multiplayer session in a previous sim...even with 30 others connected, not on your life.

Have I ever seen a moonlit night like the last pic.  Well....you know.

My point is that we all agree that there are issues to be worked out in the sim....but this is the best sim we've had....ever (IMO).  And its not done being improved, they are working on updates continuously. 

You say you haven't played a flightsim since the late 80s and maybe your expectations are too high....well....this is how sims looked in the 90's :

0rQvt6.png

I hope we can all agree that the pics I posted of the newest sim in 2020 are a tad better than my go-to sim back then. 😉   

• Like 14

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

42 minutes ago, OSM said:

With my 30+ years Game Simulation experience I tell you - YES! Microsoft and Asobo do EVERYTHING REALLY WELL! What you see right now is how HUGE Unified Global Earth Simulation Empire growing up. Very soon we will see Combat Flight Simulator, Train, Truck and Ship simulators with all seaports, terminals and Economy simulator. MSFS2020 just the beginning! 😃

I actually thought of the exact same thing. When this technology is going to be aplied to other sims, be it truck, trains, or military, its going to be a game changer. People dont realise that MSFS is the beggining of a new era in simulations, and gaming in general. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I've not played a flight sim since the late 80s so comparing this to recent predecessors is not something I can do.

Sorry...What?? You jump from prehistoric FS to MSFS2020 and you'r still not happy? Im not sure there's ever gonna be a product on the market thats gonna satisfy you im sorry. Maybe the problem isnt the sim then...

Went from prehistoric FS to FS9, not mind blown, from FS9 to FSX, not mind blown, FSX to P3D, not mind blown, P3D to XP11, mind a tiny bit blown, and from XP11 to MSFS2020, mind blown across the universe 😄

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

People dont realise that MSFS is the beggining of a new era in simulations, and gaming in general. 

I think the whole simulation market doesn't realize that yet! New era brings new order and sooner or later every developer will use MS Earth Simulation Servers to put their simulation product to life!

• Like 1

Just now, OSM said:

I think the whole simulation market doesn't realize that yet! New era brings new order and sooner or later every developer will use MS Earth Simulation Servers to put their simulation product to life!

And i cant fudging wait!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Sorry...What?? You jump from prehistoric FS to MSFS2020 and you'r still not happy? Im not sure there's ever gonna be a product on the market thats gonna satisfy you im sorry. Maybe the problem isnt the sim then...

LOL... Look I'm not the only one here complaining that things could be better. Look at the front page of this forum on any given day to see a dozen current issues that are impacting peoples enjoyment of this simulator.

There are well known issues with this product.  I'm not expecting it to be perfect. But I am very disappointed that really not one thing is done to a high standard and that the community has to step-in and actually make this simulator realistic in almost every facet.

Edited by Virtual-Chris

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Does Microsoft or Asobo do anything really well?

Revitalize the dying the civ flight sim market

• Like 5

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Virtual-Chris said:

LOL... Look I'm not the only one here complaining that things could be better. Look at the front page of this forum on any given day to see a dozen current issues that are impacting peoples enjoyment of this simulator.

There are well known issues with this product.  I'm not expecting it to be perfect. But I am very disappointed that really not one thing is done to a high standard and that the community has to step-in and actually make this simulator realistic in almost every facet.

Sure, but its been the case with every sim since the dawn of time! And yes, i do think you'r expecting it to be perfect, wich its never going to be. And obviously, people that enjoy the sim are not going to post one topic a day each, saying its amazing, most of the time, you start a thread because theres a problem, you'r always going to see more negatives than positives. Plus, MSFS2020 has brought a lot of new people, and usualy on the internet the more is rarely the merier.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

LOL... Look I'm not the only one here complaining that things could be better. Look at the front page of this forum on any given day to see half a dozen current issues that are impacting peoples enjoyment of this simulator.

There are well known issues with this product.  I'm not expecting it to be perfect. But I am very disappointed that really not one thing is done to a high standard and that the community has to step-in and actually make this simulator realistic.

Well, simply buy MSFS 2020 and believe me, you will find a lot of a new and positive things! Don't waste your life for complaining, just enjoy new simulation era!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pjs37 said:

Another day, another troll.

Actually i dont think Chris is one, he's in love with the new sim, but as usual love brings a lot of conflicting thoughts 😄

• Like 2

This question bring memories of old FSX commercial

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Actually i dont think Chris is one, he's in love with the new sim, but as usual love brings a lot of conflicting thoughts 😄

😁

• Like 1

Just now, OSM said:

😁

Benny Hill! LOL!  I miss that crazy bugger!

• Like 1

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW