Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Need Co-Pilot!

Guest Valkyrie321

Hey folks, I am looking for a Grumman G-21 Goose co-pilot (DC-3 and Beaver as well). Basic instrumentation understanding required, that is all... if you know what an attitude indicator is and how to tune a radio, I need you! Only a few other stipulations, you must have a mic and preferably a good internet connection. If you are new with the Goose aircraft I can give you free lessons, plus most of the areas I fly in I am familiar with, that means I can give "flight tours" to some extent. Learn how to fly an aircraft that encompasses the intricacies of a tail dragger, amphibious and twin engine aircraft all in one package named the Goose! I don't need someone to listen to me, I need someone who is willing to actually FLY and share the experience!I will be doing the following in my flights:- VFR Navigation based upon real world charts and old world navigation- Realistic check list procedures based upon MSFSX checklists and personal knowledge- Com radio usage based upon information gathered before flight- Flights are in real world weather and are updated- Engine checks and scans- Realism sliders full right- Time/speed navigation checks- Etc! My flights are based upon real world experience, old navigation when applicable, new world navigation when applicable. All flights will have emphasis on realism.All flights will be hosted by myself, all you need is to be able to connect to GameSpy via the multiplayer utility in FSX.Let me know if you are interested, I commonly fly flights around Alaska and in the Seattle area near the San Juan Islands. Other flights in the Beaver and DC-3 would also be welcome!

Guest Valkyrie321

Sure, I would be more than willing to do anything. I just hate flying by myself sometimes!CodyValkyrie here in the multiplayer sessions.If you are interested, just let me know. I can work things out. Just sick of flying by myself :D

Guest Valkyrie321

Wilco. Look forward to flying with you Geofa.

Amazing... I haven't got FSX yet... But I'd make a great co-pilot:) I'll have to try to hook up later.DannyCZBB

Guest Valkyrie321

Danny, I would be more than willing to co-pilot for you or pilot for you. Simply put, while I enjoy the flying, it sure makes it a #### of a lot more fun to share that experience... not to mention lower the workload!

Count me in too once i can find the game in stock.

This is one of the greatest improvements in the sim-and I would have paid $54 for this feature for fs9 alone if it had been available.I have already taken some flights with a student pilot friend of mine-one was a sightseeing trip thru the Sierra Nevadas with me pointing out every peak,lake, and narration of history and other points of interest. Another was a strict flight instruction flight, and another with me as tower controller vectoring for ils approaches and throwing every curve imaginable into the situation. The shared cockpit/tower/multiplayer is just amazing.The possibilities are endless.... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Id like to take a sim flight with one of you real pilots on an ILS approach to see how its done. If you are interested in giving a tutorial then by all means let me know as id love to be your copilot and see it. :)Dave

I'm game...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hey Geof !Man oh man - the opportunity to fly with a REAL pilot. I'd love to be able to do this.I'm no expert by any means, but I'd love to have you "share" a cockpit and provide advice, instruction, etc.I'll look you up in on line in the next couple days.JerryG

Looks like this thread could become the forerunner of a whole new AvSim category. I can see it all now:-"Wanted - Flight Engineer. Must have 3000hours+ DreamFleet 727 experience"! "Controller seeks Tower job near Boston"! "Spitfire Mk XIV pilots needed. RAF Duxford forming new sqadron - formation experience - must".This sure has possibilities, doesn't it?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.