Sign in to follow this  
767lover

Asobo, please fix that horribly flat new water

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

By the way, if you actually drop beneath the waves in insane weather, the wave simulation breaks completely..... But I suspect asobo never intended us to be there.....

It is after all, not a yachting sim.... 🙀

F8PmGx.jpg

At least P3D had a submarine and buyancy(<---hw the hell do you spell that)  😅

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I don't think it's that we're not supposed to get close to the water, rather I think they may not have been concentrating on the outlier possibility of planes trying to land on the water in 50kts and above winds.

Of course, but then the issue can also be extremely apparent from an airport close to the water, otherwise I wouldn't even have noticed it exists. Considering all the bugs that 1.9.3.0 brought, I have the feeling that this happened due to lack of testing rather than being the intended look. After all it was coming from the preset weather bug.

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

I would not say that MANY people see it in the thread you linked us. Its more or less exactly the same ratio as your onwn thread here. 

It has 45 votes though. Not nearly as much as the popular threads that keep getting bumped all the time, but enough to indicate that something went wrong with that patch.

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I have the feeling that this happened due to lack of testing rather than being the intended look. After all it was coming from the preset weather bug.

Lack of testing seems a logical explanation. And to me its understandable that with all the other things on their plate, they'd have a good chance of missing a glitch that primarily appears in such unlikely conditions as a water landing or takeoff in that type of weather.

In fact the idea of attempting such a thing would never even have occurred to me until reading this thread, and I would probably be fine with them addressing the issue with a black screen and the announcement of a crash.

As for being on shore in an airport close enough to the waves to detect a graphics glitch in that type of weather... (and why are we flying in that weather, exactly? 🛬) Again, not something I would expect a busy team to be looking at except for a sheer lucky catch.

They could well be diligent enough to take a close look now that its been brought to their attention, and provide a "fix" for such an outside-the-box error, but I'm not sure I would think of it as any sort of priority, when there's so much outstanding that impact's the actual usability of the sim.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I believe that like LM Prepar3d, some of these fixes will come with implementation of dx12.  First they launch a test pad a sim that visually gets a million units out the door, I’m having fun with it, totally cool. Love jumping in the Baron for some vfr ...Now part two... start working on Xbox sim, testing, limiting, by cutting back here and there, to get the perfect sim for that market.  After that, implement the coup de gras dx12 and offer all the possibilities we expect in a true flight sim.  I hope that is their vision right now, we all want this franchise to both grow and survive, they have to keep experimenting with the very edge of what technology can dream to be. What better technology than flight too expand these horizons and bring this dream home.  I agree patience is the key right now. We have had some frustrations, as long as I feel things are moving forward, I’m patient.  Those freeware upgrades for the default aircrafts are just the tip of the iceberg, those awesome Airport upgrades, Landmarks, POI’s  all there to admire and learn from. Structure will come or a franchise will cease to exist

peace out

steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

At least P3D had a submarine and buyancy(<---hw the hell do you spell that)  😅

T H A T?

(buoyancy 😁)

• Like 1

There is a vote taking place on the MS Forum.

Please add your vote if you feel that the water still requires improvement (given that many feel that it is not as good as it was at release)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/water-image-quality-has-degraded-since-1st-release/301380/11

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.