Jump to content

C130FE

Parking Spot Problem

Recommended Posts

Ok, I use P2ATC to do my flight plan.  I've tried using the info box to set the parking space in the flightplan but I still end up on the runway.  Not starting in a parking spot is totally messing up my communications in P2ATC.  It seems that if it doesn't go in sequence as, clearance delivery, ground, tower etc., then the whole communications process with ATC is out the window.  When I export a flight plan to MSFS it looks good.  If I go to put in a specific parking spot the flight plan totally changes on the screen.  So how do I get the airplane in a parking spot with the flight plan intact?  It doesn't matter if it is a VFR or IFR flight plan.  Thanks for the help.

Rodger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P2ATC has nothing to do with setting up your position in the SIM.  You have to do that in the SIM.

The setting of the gate or parking spot in P2ATC is for the destination airport if you want P2ATC to direct you to a particular gate.  You can also request it verbally.

After you load the flight plan in MSFS, you would have to specify the Gate or parking location in MSFS before you start the flight.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2ATC has nothing to do with setting up your position in the SIM.  You have to do that in the SIM.

The setting of the gate or parking spot in P2ATC is for the destination airport if you want P2ATC to direct you to a particular gate.  You can also request it verbally.

After you load the flight plan in MSFS, you would have to specify the Gate or parking location in MSFS before you start the flight.

Dave

Thanks Dave, but using the drop down always changes the flight plan, and always still puts me at the end of the runway.  Only one time have I been set at the parking spot I selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What drop down are you talking about?

Only the SIM can set your position.  This has nothing to do with P2A.

You do not set your Gate position in P2A for departure.  It is not part of the P2A internal or exported flight plan.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

What drop down are you talking about?

Only the SIM can set your position.  This has nothing to do with P2A.

You do not set your Gate position in P2A for departure.  It is not part of the P2A internal or exported flight plan.

Dave

The drop down in the sim.  But every time I use the drop down it changes the flight plan, and usually still puts me on the runway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, C130FE said:

The drop down in the sim.  But every time I use the drop down it changes the flight plan, and usually still puts me on the runway.

Are you sure you are only using the drop-down? If you click on the map to select the parking spot it will reset the flight plan.


Ian Box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

Are you sure you are only using the drop-down? If you click on the map to select the parking spot it will reset the flight plan.

Yeah.  Finally the last time I used the drop down I finally got it to come up in the parking spot but still it changed the flight plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,795.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...