Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Navigraph and MSFS2020

14 minutes ago, LarryD said:

No it does not.  Just bought a month subscription and can confirm that missing approaches now show up in the database.  But flying them, and the others, still keeps the vpath indicator pegged at the bottom until you descend through what seems to be the missed approach point altitide.

I wonder if the in-game ATC will assign any of the new approaches... or they are limited to what MSFS provides?

Edited by Virtual-Chris

37 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I wonder if the in-game ATC will assign any of the new approaches... or they are limited to what MSFS provides?

It would appear that they do assign the new approaches..  I have to do some more checking, but if you load the new file into config and use an ILS approach not in the origional sim, it seems to pick it up fine.  (Just need to double check that it really was a new ILS frequency...  not one that was already in there  but I'm sure it was new 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

35 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

The answer is yes, it does.

I ran two IFR approaches between the same two airports.  Set the world database to automatic approach.  The destination airport has no approaches at all in the default database.  Terrible IFR weather.

Flight 1, default database.  Immediatly after departure,  ATC immediatly turned me to the destination airport and told me to expect the visual approach.  What else could it do, no approaches available.

Second time I loaded the navigraph database.  Two RNAV approaches now available.  After departure it told me to climb to 6000.  I only filed for 3000, but what thats a different issue.  Shortly after that, it gave me a turn to a transition fix and told me to expect the RNAV 28.  

So yes, it does recognize the approaches in the database.  Makes sense too, because navigraph is replacing the old one.  I mean, where else could ATC look?

• Like 2

@LarryD How do you unload the navigraph database, just remove it from the community folder?

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

35 minutes ago, Alvega said:

@LarryD How do you unload the navigraph database, just remove it from the community folder?

Yes.  And restart the app.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LarryD said:

Yes.  And restart the app.

Restart the app? If I remove the navdata from the community folder doesn't it remove it from the sim? Why do I need to restart the app? Or you mean restart the sim?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Restart the app? If I remove the navdata from the community folder doesn't it remove it from the sim? Why do I need to restart the app? Or you mean restart the sim?

Restart MSFS2020 is what I meant.

Just now, LarryD said:

Restart MSFS2020 is what I meant.

Ok, thanks.

Alvega

Well two clear improvements:

1. ILS 27 approach to Heathrow does not use a ridiculous approach which the default data used.

2. RNAV 23 into Madeira actually lines up on the runway and uses a good glidescope. It was all over the place before.

Quite happy with this. Will definitely keep on using the alternate NAV data for MSFS when sub expires at the end of the month but, as yet, undecided as to whether to continue the subscription for the charts. Still have many more days to try them out.

CJ

• Like 1

@CJ1045 In regard to the charts - I use them always. For MSFS on a second computer or tablet.

in X-Plane I use them since long time. Ac with EFB or the app Avi-TAB are very convincing. Nothing else more is needed. May be one time we have such things in MSFS too..... or an integration in the Garmin's.

Best regards

Detlef

1 hour ago, stratone said:

@CJ1045 In regard to the charts - I use them always. For MSFS on a second computer or tablet.

in X-Plane I use them since long time. Ac with EFB or the app Avi-TAB are very convincing. Nothing else more is needed. May be one time we have such things in MSFS too..... or an integration in the Garmin's.

Best regards

Detlef

I certainly very much like being able to see all the STARS/SIDS on screen at once to be able to judge which one I want to use - at the moment in MSFS I try them one by one. Further I am really into the A320 and most likely the other airliners too and MSFS does a good job of Low Altitude Airways so the between airports flight planning is fine in MSFS for me at the moment. However, Navigraph is great for the round the airports stuff. I am not into flying the GA aircraft yet so small circular trips which MSFS does not do easily is not a factor e.g. a flight round the mountains. And for the latter I would normally just fly visually.

CJ

On 10/21/2020 at 12:49 AM, CJ1045 said:

Well two clear improvements:

1. ILS 27 approach to Heathrow does not use a ridiculous approach which the default data used.

2. RNAV 23 into Madeira actually lines up on the runway and uses a good glidescope. It was all over the place before.

Quite happy with this. Will definitely keep on using the alternate NAV data for MSFS when sub expires at the end of the month but, as yet, undecided as to whether to continue the subscription for the charts. Still have many more days to try them out.

CJ

If you have a tablet an alternative for charts might be AirMate... they offer current charts for most of the world... and it's free.  It connects to the Sim for moving map functionality as well, although iOS 14 broke that but they are working on a fix.

It seems AirMate as your EFB and a one month a year subscription to Navigraph for current nav data would be a great combo for those on a budget.

8 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

If you have a tablet an alternative for charts might be AirMate... they offer current charts for most of the world... and it's free.  It connects to the Sim for moving map functionality as well, although iOS 14 broke that but they are working on a fix.

It seems AirMate as your EFB and a one month a year subscription to Navigraph for current nav data would be a great combo for those on a budget.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try Airmate. I have been trying Little Navmap over the last 24 hours and it is pretty good. Certainly pushes me towards the one month a year approach for Navigraph. Will try Airmate today.

Couple of issues when using with stock flight planner, both can be checked graphically by zooming in the flight planner:

1. The STAR is being partially overridden by approach transition of a selected approach it seems if they have a common waypoint. Dont know what the solution would be unless a third tab for selecting or omitting approach transition is added by asobo.

2. There appears to be some back tracking happening in the ILS final intercept course, the route is being directed to FAF point (~6nm) directly then it backtracks to IAF (~12nm) point to then do 180 degrees to runway course. This however works correctly with the stock FS data where the path gets connected to the IAF point then proceeds to FAF.