Sign in to follow this  
alberto2000

FS Map Tool - A new mobile map app utility for MS FS 2020

13 minutes ago, Noooch said:

@alberto2000 I just downloaded the app on my android phone and i am stuck on splash screen.

The app and the sim are already running on my PC as I am already in the middle of a flight.

@Noooch may I ask what your exact phone model is and Android version? Has anyone else had this issue yet?

46 minutes ago, alberto2000 said:

@Noooch may I ask what your exact phone model is and Android version? Has anyone else had this issue yet?

@alberto2000 I use Android 8.1.0 and a Moto(rola) G5

Edited by Noooch

3 minutes ago, deepstar said:

App dont work on Note 10+ running Android 10, only the splash screen works.

Thanks for reporting. I am on it. 

I found the bug. Testing a fix right now. Will submit fixed version tonight. I think updates should be reviewed quicker by Google, once the first version got accepted. Sorry for the delay here guys. 

• Like 1

I'll wait for the Android fix before downloading. for my Nexus 7 1st Gen (2012). Hopefully you'll be able to continue support for Android 5 as 5.1.1 is the latest update this ever got.🤞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

@Noooch or anyone who already downloaded it, could you try again now? It might have been a simple API key toggle I oversaw in Google developer settings. I've switched that and it's possible the app works now, no need to update. Please ensure you first close the running instance before restarting. Thanks for your support

@Noooch no a simple restart of the app should do it. But it's possible it still won't work. Then you'd need to wait a few more days for the next version which I've just submitted to Google for review.

@alberto2000 I am still stuck on splash screen. So th fix doesn't  seem to be implemented yet. I'll wait.

Are we able to redownload the app free of charge on Google Play Store after uninstalling it?

@Noooch Just to echo @alberto2000, and you may already know this, but even when you uninstall a Google Play app, it's still listed in your Library within the Play Store and app, so you can download it to any compatible devices linked to that Google account.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Just the splash screen for me. No further. On a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4  😞

So I thought I would try it on my Samsung Mobile Phone S8+ 

Went into Google Play and it says ERROR YOU ALREADY OWN THIS APP.

So unable to re-dowload it onto my mobile phone 😞

Edited by Beagle12
Update text

8 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Just the splash screen for me. No further. On a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4  😞

So I thought I would try it on my Samsung Mobile Phone S8+ 

Went into Google Play and it says ERROR YOU ALREADY OWN THIS APP.

So unable to re-dowload it onto my mobile phone 😞

The Android "Stuck-At-Splash-Screen" issue will be resolved with the upcoming update 1.0.9 which should hit Google Play one of these days, probably Monday.

The other issue is Google Play related. Have you tried uninstalling and then restarting your device before reinstalling?

Guys, 1.0.9 is out and available as an update on Google Play. This should fix the stuck at splash screen issue. Can you please update and try again. I hope this is resolved now and the app works on Android too as expected.