I use the CH Pro Pedals. They have alway been wonky; they don't rest at a consistent neutral position. Even with routine calibration and adjusting the in-game dead zone, I'm always fighting these things.  I usually can work with FSUIPC to redefine neutral, but the defined neutral will soon enough no longer match the hardware. Hour to hour, day to day. It's a constant issue I have to deal with. Since the introduction of MSFM 2020, things are much worse with the poor adjustments available within the simulator.

Does anyone have a insight or suggestion concerning this problem? Are these just poor rudder pedals and I should pony up and get something else? [provided there's going to be a stocked replacement sometime within a year] Is there a mod or something internal that can be adjusted?

Thanks for any help.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Are these just poor rudder pedals and I should pony up and get something else?

Yes.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have had mine about ten years and they have done well.  There apparently is a know problem with the pots that operate the braking can have problems.  I had to take mine apart and lube them and clean the pots well.  For me, P3Dv5 introduce all sorts of calibration and control mapping problems that took a couple of weeks to sort through. 

Jeff Callender

42 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Yes.

OK. Thank you.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have had mine for 15 years and now with a new sim and PC, they are losing connection once in awhile. Probably the USB circuit is going bad. Time for a new set of pedals I'm afraid. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use mine for FSX and yes, the pots can be an issue.  I found that increasing the null zone in the FSX settings menu eliminated my issues.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Those pedals were quite all right considering their price, but I replaced mine after 15 years with an MFG Crosswind since the pods became less accurat and I wanted something much more accurate and a better "feel".

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Regards to your problem i was having too, there is a tip which consist to calibrate the CH rudder with two CD boxes placed under the heel parts of each pedals. I have done that and since i have no neutral problem for about 2 years!

Jérôme Dietsch

I bought my CH pro pedals back in 1999 and I’m still using them. 

I cleaned the pots once like maybe 8 years ago and they are still going strong. 

I was looking to buy a set of replacement pots a few years back and found thru and internet search the email of a marketing rep for CH Products. I emailed her and she sent me a set of replacement pots, no charge. 

I’ve been looking for her info to share it here but can’t find it. 

Anyways here is a link to a post where they mentioned replacement pots and where to get them. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42111-ch-pro-pedals-replacement-potentiometers/