Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

I posted a Fix for the USB controller CTD's

I posted a fix for the 1.10.7.0 patch USB peripheral CTD's.  

It's in the Tips and Tricks awaiting moderation.

Be Warned, I've only tried this on the MS Store version, because that's the one I have.  If you have Steam, you might be able to use some of the concepts.  

Also, doing this WILL delete all your existing controller profiles, and will force you to rebuild them within the program, but It should get you back up and running with your peripherals.

• Like 1

Bad news. This ONLY works if you then stick with the default profiles.  If you try to modify a profile and save it, it crashes to desktop again.

Sorry guys.   Asobo is going to have to fix this because I think it's wider spread, and those aren't affected are probably using default profiles for their controllers.  

Not sure, it affects everyone, but on my system I can't save any controller button assignment changes until this is fixed.

Edited by wthomas33065

To me, it doesn't make sense to use these type of solutions. It's MS/Asobo that should provide a fix to avoid everyone to have to re-create their controller profiles. I'm sure I forgot all the details on each of my peripherals (and also the suffering of configuring them the way I liked), and do not want to go again through that process just because a simple update was not tested enough before its release.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

33 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Be Warned, I've only tried this on the MS Store version, because that's the one I have.  If you have Steam, you might be able to use some of the concepts.  

Also, doing this WILL delete all your existing controller profiles, and will force you to rebuild them within the program, but It should get you back up and running with your peripherals.

Would you mind posting the fix here, thx

Sergio Naiberg

14 minutes ago, edpatino said:

To me, it doesn't make sense to use these type of solutions. It's MS/Asobo that should provide a fix to avoid everyone to have to re-create their controller profiles. I'm sure I forgot all the details on each of my peripherals (and also the suffering of configuring them the way I liked), and do not want to go again through that process just because a simple update was not tested enough before its release.

Cheers, Ed

Totally agree, especially now that I find out I can't modify the settings even if I get back to default.  So I'm stuck using my default profile which I don't like until the fix it.....  Very frustrating.  I had hoped it was something about "old profile" vs "new profile" but apparently you can't save a new profile either......grr.

47 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Well buddy, I'd like to thank you, this really helped me fix the issue 100%, the reason is that I only use FSUIPC to calibrate my hardware, so (as the only peripheral that was crashing my sim was my Flight Pro Rudder Pedals), I found one of the files that you mention with my pedals info and setting and deleted that folder. When I re started the sim, it loaded perfectly, then I just had to run FSUIPC and my rudder axis works just as before this last update. Thanks a lot again!

Sergio Naiberg

Does anyone know where the profiles are stored? I'd like to grab them before I start my sim.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

You have my heartfelt gratitude and if I wasn't post-menopausal I would have your babies. The fix works a treat and since I use FSUIPC7 I don't miss a thing. 

A big UP to the Dowson family while we're at it.

What a day it's been. Time for a DRINK!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

35 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Does anyone know where the profiles are stored? I'd like to grab them before I start my sim.

Look in the "fix" post in tips and tricks, it shows you how to identify them.  

You need to go through some vaguely numbered folders and open vaguely numbered files with notepad or notepad ++ within those folders to see the controller profiles.

I'm actually making progress editing and saving the defaults, so fingers crossed.  Trying to save a "null" profile that you've cleaned out completely equal CTD.   Just an FYI.

• Upvote 1

@Ron Attwood

Ron-

I’m tempted to try this and convert all my controls to FSUIPC as I’ve always done in P3D... if it’s still working for you tomorrow... I may take the plunge.

Not a stellar moment for Asobo.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I wouldn't leave home without it.

Or

I'd rather fight than swap

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I tried to come back after leaving for 15 days because too many bugs, and now the game doesn't even start, I'll ask for a refund.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 minute ago, EmaRacing said:

I tried to come back after leaving for 15 days because too many bugs, and now the game doesn't even start, I'll ask for a refund.

Let us know how that works out for you. I'm thinking of the same. Life is too short for this rubbish.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

21 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Look in the "fix" post in tips and tricks, it shows you how to identify them.  

You need to go through some vaguely numbered folders and open vaguely numbered files with notepad or notepad ++ within those folders to see the controller profiles.

I'm actually making progress editing and saving the defaults, so fingers crossed.  Trying to save a "null" profile that you've cleaned out completely equal CTD.   Just an FYI.

Thanks for this but I've lost patience with this P O S. I'm going to pack it in and see if Asobo comes out with a hot fix.