Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

Is anybody here, just THRILLED with FSX?

I'm enjoying it very much.Had my cup of tea, put on the headphones, and went for a short hop this morning while the house was asleep. Flew my Shockwave P51 on a delighful flight in British Columbia at sunrise. With good FPS as well. :-cool It was... delightful. A lovely Sunday morning treat.

Guest MrBitsy

I loved FS9, but when I started learning to fly in C172s, I found the flight experience to be a little 'dead'. Yes, FS9 with photographic scenery was great when practicing navigation or circuits at my local airfield, but not so much for the actual flying.FSX has put in a greater sense of realism into the flight model. FSX is great with a few tweaks on my AMD 64 X2 4600+, 2 Gb Ram and 2 NVidia GT7800 in SLI.Ray Keattch

>....seems a fair number of those "real pilots" feel the same>way...Real life GA pilots, who fly in lower-density areas :)

Hey, Peter:Thrilled would I be to have the money and space to build the latest and greatest box to run FSX, but I'm still enjoying it nevertheless! I have my improved LC from FS9, FSMMovingMap, Clouds from FE, AI from UltimateTraffic and UGA, my Christen Eagle II, CORAL F15, Baron TC and millions of square miles to explore.Loyd

Guest FxF3

I love FSX in fact. I love the 300 I only tried it a couple of times in FS9. In FSX its like its a totaly new plane you can make it do almost anything and a low pass over scenery is amazing.The feel of speed is something I never seen in FS9 compared to FSX.If you never tried it grab patties E-300 and give your local airport or housing area a buzz. I know its a no no in real life but in FSX your safe.:)

Count me in. Its running great now with 2 gigs of ram instead of just one. I had FS9 on my box along with FSX, and the feeling of flight and speed is what does it really. No previous edition has had the illusion of flight that this version does. I miss some of my addon aircraft, but they will come.In the middle of a flight across northern mexico into baja (mooney bravo), and up the california coast, absolute bliss. I would complain about having to disable most autogen buildings, but like others have been a texture convert, it actually looks better without those low res autogen houses, the textures are so photo realistic. Enough typing, back to flying. enjoyDanon - -

Guest JohnEGPF

Bought FSX deluxe a few days ago.Thrilled ohh yes, after trying the demo and seeing what 1M textures can do , that was a WOW moment.Now I have the full version it just gets better and betterFirst thing I noticed is how well the default aircraft react to trim inputHandfly the default 737 in a circuit at you favorite airport.In FSX I can now trim for level flight, a nice 800 FPM descent to touchdown ...no problem , VERY satifying to hand fly.Try the same flight in the default 737 in fs9, no comparison.Taxxing out making tight turns... no stutters liquid smooth .For me FSX is probably the biggest change I have seen in any version of flight sim, and I go back to the 80's and an Amiga:).Lovin it:)John

>>ahh, so the true reason for the love of FSX comes out. people>can't wait to be elitists in anything.You bet! The best line for getting chicks at any bar is "I FLY FSX"! :-hah

9Tonight for the first time I'm actually a happy FSX user. This is a complete 180 from some of my previous posts. I just completed my first successful flight from Sacramento to KLAS with zero problems, using the programs "real world weather". Everything as smooth as silk. Up until now all of my attempted flights crashed or experienced various problems. I decided early on to quit stressing about the FSX problems I was having, and to try being patient with the situation. because I know alot of these difficulties will work themselves out in time.I attribute this improvement to making various tweaks I've learned about here and on other forums. Also, the new Nvidia drivers I recently downloaded and installed seem to be making a difference too.When I look at the total package I really believe that FSX is a vast improvement over FS9 and seems to give me a much better immersion factor. Thanks to all the forum folks that have worked to find the tweaks and suggested improvements. And yes, I will say thanks to Microsoft for making FSX a reality.FS9 keeps looking more distant each time I look in my rear view mirrors.Thank You Microsoft. Thank you all.

Guest Bob I

a snake........... Won't run on my PC.Bob... in sunny Florida

Guest hmslion

Not me. Uninstalled it last night. I have a good rig - and this thing stutters like FS2000. It sutters worse than FS2000. After the smooth flight experience of FS9, the sim feels like a huge step backwards to me. I don't think it looks significantly better than FS9 with GE Pro, BEV and AS6 - and I sure know that it performs about 100X worse. And we don't even have the complex add-ons in it yet. The PMDG 747, I predict, will bring fps down to single digits, maybe even fractional single digits.And someone here will write, "but its a smooth .6 fps....so its flyable...."I'll wait and see if the DX10 cards and SLI in Vista make any difference. Until then, back into the Level D for some real flying. Colin in PortlandAMD 4600 X27900GS2 gigs Corsair System memoryASUS a8nSLI Deluxe MOBO

Colin,Bummer. But your system is better than mine (AMD64-3000/2GB RAM/7800GS)and with a few of the tweaks I'm able to find lots to do and lots to enjoy. Granted I'm not doing a lot of city flying, but I'm bouncing from lake to lake in bush flights and having a great time with the sliders high and 15 to 20+ FPS.I had a great flight a few days ago. I flew a low level nightime run in a snowstorm from Montreal heading north to where I live, with traffic on the highway below. I'm telling you it looked exactly like it does on in real life. Really great. (Helluva lot better than being on that highway during a snowstorm in real life I'll tell ya.)Hope you're able to find some flying fun.

Guest pomak249

Love it too m8!Sick of those whingeing posts about it, Ive had no problems from day one, added most of the tweaks and average around 20-30 fps even with Traffic 2005 on 70% and autogen on 'normal', I steer clear of massive airports anyway (even did in FS9)!It looks so much better than FS9 and anyone who says different must be barking.Mick