Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

EA 5.1 Plane textures turn too dark over time

Using EA mode on in P3D V5.1 results in getting complete dark/black cockpit textures at all spaces where the sunbeam does not lighten them up. Also the outside textures on the shadow side of the plane are getting much too dark.

This happens at Stock planes as well as at addons planes. Tested with LM F22, LM F16, Aerosoft A330 FSlabs A321 and FSLabs A320.

Dynamic Reflections is set to medium and Exposure is set on.

Is this an EA issue as the Stock planes also suffer from this?

I posted it on LM Support Forum

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140104

NOTE: It takes some time to see this. I saw this after minimum 20 to 30 minutes after Scenario Start and getting in the cockpit

Marcus

sA2tYAc.png

JjjR6eQ.png

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

LM is aware of this problem, i would suggest for now disable auto exposure - this helped me a bit. For now I suggest flying at lower altitudes, because this problems seems to be related to higher altitude

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 minute ago, Kaiii3 said:

LM is aware of this problem, i would suggest for now disable auto exposure - this helped me a bit. For now I suggest flying at lower altitudes, because this problems seems to be related to higher altitude

Thanks Kaiii3.

I just saw your other post at AIGAIM Tpic.

I did post it before.....also at LM. Well, does not matter I think. My opinion about EA mode is still "Beta Like" does seem to fit very well. There are still so many things to "get right" I would say.

It is a shame that LM starts with 5.0  round about 6 Months ago and di some marketing about this truesky feature short before release and AFTER they released the Product, they stated it is only in BETA! And now 6 months later, they claim it is out of beta....but visually there are a lot of issues.

Will V5.X run 2 years, like their iterations normally are, we talk about 25% Time passed by already

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks Kaiii3.

I just saw your other post at AIGAIM Tpic.

I did post it before.....also at LM. Well, does not matter I think. My opinion about EA mode is still "Beta Like" does seem to fit very well. There are still so many things to "get right" I would say.

It is a shame that LM starts with 5.0  round about 6 Months ago and di some marketing about this truesky feature short before release and AFTER they released the Product, they stated it is only in BETA! And now 6 months later, they claim it is out of beta....but visually there are a lot of issues.

Will V5.X run 2 years, like their iterations normally are, we talk about 25% Time passed by already

Marcus

Negative things about EA :

- orange / gold haze around you at dawn/dusk 

- bottom of the clouds are completely black when climbing into the clouds

- black objects can be seen through the clouds when flying above them

- black objects on the ground 

- too much haze when standing on the ground and especially with a zoom of 0.60 ( or 0.30 with 2 monitors in NVsurround)

- grid ( can be reduced with modifying settings but it is not gone )

- plane textures become darker over time

Postive things about EA :

- very good performance ; even with textures at max

- looks great when flying above the clouds at any time

V5.1 has even better performance than V5.0 HF2.

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Another thing to add is that the sim's lighting simply looks way better and more realistic with EA.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Negative things about EA :

- orange / gold haze around you at dawn/dusk 

- bottom of the clouds are completely black when climbing into the clouds

- black objects can be seen through the clouds when flying above them

- black objects on the ground 

- too much haze when standing on the ground and especially with a zoom of 0.60 ( or 0.30 with 2 monitors in NVsurround)

- grid ( can be reduced with modifying settings but it is not gone )

- plane textures become darker over time

Postive things about EA :

- very good performance ; even with textures at max

- looks great when flying above the clouds at any time

V5.1 has even better performance than V5.0 HF2.

Hopefully the hot fix will address.

Eric 

35 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Hopefully the hot fix will address.

Or LM will just phone it in again, go dark on their forum, and get back to us in April with another update that makes EA somehow worse. 

• Upvote 1