Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

I Predict game will Be 1TB when "finished"

USB CTD hotfix was over 800mb  and with upcoming world updates and whatever else they end up fixing and patching and with Aosobo saying they wanted to support MSFS for 10 years...I can see this game taking up alot of storage..even without addons.

Time to buy a dedicated drive.

1 minute ago, AmeliaCat said:

USB CTD hotfix was over 800mb  and with upcoming world updates and whatever else they end up fixing and patching and with Aosobo saying they wanted to support MSFS for 10 years...I can see this game taking up alot of storage..even without addons.

Already did that. 1tb M.2 Nvme just for the sim

500 gb M.2 Nvme for the Operating system.

Any other program not sim related will get its own SSD or saved in the cloud.

I can actually see 2tb or more if development is in years and not months.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

There is not a 1:1 correspondence between what you download and used storage space.  A lot of the patches are updating files you already have on your PC, so overall space use won't increase.

The Japan update has some totally new content in it, but it's optional (you don't have to download it in the content manager).

I'd expect most of the other patches so far have been pretty neutral in terms of the actual space used.

• Like 4

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Patches are only updating files you already have on your PC.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Already have a 2TB dedicated drive for MSFS and addons (actually the whole computer is dedicated to MSFS).  Also that 800mb update isn't adding 800mb of new data.  Heck, it's probably only adding a couple mb (if that) as most of what is being downloaded is replacing existing data.

Edited by Little Jenny

I always hated the guys that insists real photographers only work with uncompressed images and you always need tons of large GB for 2d editing.

Fortnite (ugly game) has shown how miserable game creators are working. They reduced the size of the game to 29GB by 60GB. That is a total mess. I wouldn`t wonder if Asobo will lead to 1 Terabyte actually.

By the time it is finished, 1TB is nothing but a reasonably priced USB stick.

1 hour ago, AmeliaCat said:

It's already more than 2 PB (2000 TB)  as mentioned by microsoft.

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.