Sign in to follow this  
antic81

CJ4 by Working Title

Hi all,

I've recently decided to give this mod a go, however I have run into trouble straight off the bat. Basically all the screens are blank and I can’t seem to power them up.

I have downloaded directly off them and I believe it’s called V2 at the moment.

I also have the flyby wire mod for the a320 which is helping tide me over until the more complex airliners are available.

I am just wondering if I am missing something with the CJ4? Battery is on, avionics on, started the engines and still can’t seem to get any power to the screens, including standby instrument, FMS, Primary displays.

is it a bug or is it me?

Many thanks,

Anthony 

Anthony Milner

Are you sure you have the latest version 0.7.1?:  The latest version working great for me.  Could also be your A320 mod so maybe move that out of your folder and test to see if you still have an issue. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I will try that idea!

Is there an easy way for me to see the version number? I downloaded it from a link that said latest version.

Anthony Milner

If all your screens are blank, then there isn't a way from in the plane to see the version number. I'd imagine you're not on the latest version if everything is blank.

Grab our latest version here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.7.1 and download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.7.1.zip at the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Grab our latest version here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.7.1 and download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.7.1.zip at the bottom of the page.

Hey Matt, time to say a big THANK YOU to you and the team for the mod. 

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just now, DAD said:

Hey Matt, time to say a big THANK YOU to you and the team for the mod.

That's incredibly generous of you, much appreciated. 🙂

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

If all your screens are blank, then there isn't a way from in the plane to see the version number. I'd imagine you're not on the latest version if everything is blank.

Thanks Matt! 

Although I’ve yet to give it a go, I’ve been watching and it does look like you chaps are doing an outstanding job! 

Do you think it’s possible that the fly by wire sim is somehow interfering?

I’ll recheck my download version again!

Many thanks again!

Anthony Milner

1 hour ago, antic81 said:

Do you think it’s possible that the fly by wire sim is somehow interfering?

It is always possible, but I don't think so. There was one conflict, but that was weeks ago and both our team and the FBW team made adjustments to eliminate the conflict.

We have found livery packages the most troublesome because they're often not packaged correctly. Do be sure you've followed the link Matt sent and downloaded the release zip and not the source code.

Feel free to join discord (link in signature) and ask for help in the CJ4 channel - lots of knowledgeable users have been helping each other out with these types of install conflicts, game settings problems, etc...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

59 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

It is always possible, but I don't think so. There was one conflict, but that was weeks ago and both our team and the FBW team made adjustments to eliminate the conflict.

We have found livery packages the most troublesome because they're often not packaged correctly. Do be sure you've followed the link Matt sent and downloaded the release zip and not the source code.

Feel free to join discord (link in signature) and ask for help in the CJ4 channel - lots of knowledgeable users have been helping each other out with these types of install conflicts, game settings problems, etc...

Looks like that was the issue! I somehow managed to download an older version. Downloaded the latest version and it ran very well!

Managed a quick hop from Dallas to Austin and she flew great!

Thanks for all your help and keep up the great work!

Anthony

Anthony Milner

It would be super helpful if there was a sticky here that contained the most current link to the mods for each of the default aircraft/systems. I know there is potential for there to be multiple ones per aircraft, but I think, for at least a few, we are dealing with one product per aircraft.

These mods are really essential to being able to fly these aircraft, so they should be at the top, IMO. The threads get so long, sometimes with discussion of the old version overlapping discussion of the new version, I'm finding it difficult to fine the most recent version. I doubt I'm alone.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

17 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

It would be super helpful if there was a sticky here that contained the most current link to the mods for each of the default aircraft/systems. I know there is potential for there to be multiple ones per aircraft, but I think, for at least a few, we are dealing with one product per aircraft.

These mods are really essential to being able to fly these aircraft, so they should be at the top, IMO. The threads get so long, sometimes with discussion of the old version overlapping discussion of the new version, I'm finding it difficult to fine the most recent version. I doubt I'm alone.

Great idea! I agree, I searched for the CJ4 and ended up with an older link, so a locked sticky which is only updated by the devs themselves on here would be a great way of keeping us all informed!

Anthony Milner

47 minutes ago, antic81 said:

Great idea! I agree, I searched for the CJ4 and ended up with an older link, so a locked sticky which is only updated by the devs themselves on here would be a great way of keeping us all informed!

Right now we aren't able to update/edit the first post, only moderators can do that so we have to create a new thread for each update. We feel badly about this so don't always make a new thread for each update to avoid spamming the forum. However you can always go to our main github page and scroll down a bit to see the latest release for each product.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

cXIcETD.jpg

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

51 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Right now we aren't able to update/edit the first post, only moderators can do that so we have to create a new thread for each update. We feel badly about this so don't always make a new thread for each update to avoid spamming the forum. However you can always go to our main github page and scroll down a bit to see the latest release for each product.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

cXIcETD.jpg

Might be helpful to list the release dates at the bottom next to each file download/link

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

17 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Maybe the mods can help? 

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad