Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Another Honeycomb Throttle review

46 minutes ago, eslader said:

Honestly, we're in the middle of a global pandemic which is not only making manufacturing/shipping logistics more problematic, but is also trapping many of us at home, not spending money at the movies and restaurants and other things we normally spend money on. So we're home with little to do and a large surplus of fun money. To add to that, a new flight simulator has just been released which is pulling new people into the hobby, and pulling old people back into the hobby, and a *lot* of those people are buying new flight controllers.  Stock is limited on pretty much everything in the controller world, and the prices have gone through the roof as a result. I paid about half of what they're charging today for a T1600M setup before all this craziness happened. 

I'm actually impressed that Honeycomb has not tried to capitalize on this. They could probably get away with charging an extra $100 right now, and I'm glad they're not. I get the frustration of waiting, but given the truly bizarre world we currently find ourselves in, I think a little more patience than normal might be called for.

Agree mostly. I think some are a bit put off by the invitation to order and pay in advance for something that is clearly not going to appear for a long while.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

27 minutes ago, robert young said:

Agree mostly. I think some are a bit put off by the invitation to order and pay in advance for something that is clearly not going to appear for a long while.

A couple of months is not that bad. I ordered one of the 1st batch of Fanatec wheels for the xBox 360 way back when, for Forza Motorsport 2. It took a year to get it. It's all perspective.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

31 minutes ago, robert young said:

I think some are a bit put off by the invitation to order and pay in advance for something that is clearly not going to appear for a long while.

Understandable, but fairly standard. I preordered the Reverb G2 back in May. If I'm lucky, I'll get it this month. Long preorder wait times for hot new hardware are the norm. Heck, there's some hardware that's built-on-demand that is not on pre-order but which you will be lucky to get less than a year after you order.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robert young said:

mypilotstore.com does not charge your card until it ships

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.