Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Another Honeycomb Throttle review

18 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

My local store has them in stock... like physically in the store. 

Would a store like Best Buy have this?  I can't imagine any local stores here carrying a Honeycomb-anything.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

Would a store like Best Buy have this?  I can't imagine any local stores here carrying a Honeycomb-anything.

I am in Canada, it is an aviation supply store... and they carry some sim stuff too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robert young said:

Bravo Throttle Quadrant Production Update:

But buyers have been told their order made as early as August is now scheduled for delivery in February 2021. Ouch!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I placed my order through Amazon UK on October 25th. They still show it as arriving 9 Dec 2020... 

Looks like I'll be making a Christmas present of it to myself in 2022 at this rate.😡 That's if Amazon don't cancel my order as no longer available, as they did twice with my order for the Alpha before I cancelled that and pre-ordered a Fulcrum yoke instead.

Edited by 109Sqn
messed up my quoting.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

It is annoying to see all the influencers and scalpers get all or most of the new hardware.

I stopped watching a certain youtuber out of spite; he had several 3090 cards and was tearing them apart, putting them inside air conditioners and generally wasting them. 

I know I'm just jealous, but I hate to see that when we/I can't even get a sniff of one. 

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

6 hours ago, robert young said:

There must be 50 or so "reviews" of this product on youtube and more in other places. No wonder they don't have any stock (not obtainable in most of Europe). They've all been given away to "reviewers" who are just doing PR on behalf of Honeycomb. It actually looks quite decent, which it should be at the price. But those toggle switches right behind the levers are not well placed. They should have been put on the top of the device.

Exactly! They don’t need any publicity and reviews, they just need to get some product into pre-order customer hands. 

3 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I am in Canada, it is an aviation supply store... and they carry some sim stuff too. 

What store is this? I would like to call them. 

6 hours ago, robert young said:

There must be 50 or so "reviews" of this product on youtube and more in other places. No wonder they don't have any stock (not obtainable in most of Europe). They've all been given away to "reviewers" who are just doing PR on behalf of Honeycomb.

The product hasn’t been released yet, that’s why nobody has stock. If you pay attention to the few actual reviews (not the ‘unboxing’ videos) you will note that there is to date no software available for the quadrant, which alone means it isn’t ready to ship to consumers.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Chintzy plastic. Not a chance I'm putting this thing on my desk. I'm always amazed how easy it is to separate simmer from their cash. I've owned many cheap plastic yokes and pedals over the years, eventually you look at those cheap knobs and buttons and it's an immersion killer. 

• Like 1

I checked on my Bravo order just the other day at The Pilotshop. I was told they are expecting stock to arrive on Nov 15th. I do take that with a grain of salt though. We will see.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Honeycomb is repeating what they did last year when the Yoke was due.

They are sending out review units way before official market release in an environment where there is high demand and limited supply at first.

It really gets on my nerves on no end to have to see these videos a good two months before it is actually realistic to getting one delivered.

I wish they had changed that and waited with this until the thing is actually in stock.

As for the actual unit, I see one thing that could have been designed differently to make it much better and that is the commercial flap lever.

As all the axis only have one detend (where you could go into reverse) the flaps lever has to be moved without proper indication into which setting you put it. Yes there is a scale on the side, but when you use the real one you orient yourself on the notches.

So I wish they had designed the flap lever with a removable and possibly customizable notch ring to sit on top of the axis, so that you can actually feel into which positon you set the flaps without having to approximate.

Edited by Farlis

I've become accustomed to using the rocker switches to adjust trim and this is how I land and stabilize planes as my Saitek yoke is just hard to use--control is just not fine enough.  So I guess I'm flying by wire essentially.  I don't see rocker switches in a handy location on this TQ plus it's too big for my desk and how it's set up.  I do like the trim wheel--they can be great for the tiller on the NGXu.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

At least she's a real commercial airline pilot (Q400) who could some appreciation of its functionality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robert young said:

There is a thread at Flightsimulator.com with some quite unhappy customers. It's here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/honeycomb-bravo-throttle-delayed-again-for-me/313525/4

I sincerely hope you get your order satisfied. it is very frustrating to have to wait so long. 

Honestly, we're in the middle of a global pandemic which is not only making manufacturing/shipping logistics more problematic, but is also trapping many of us at home, not spending money at the movies and restaurants and other things we normally spend money on. So we're home with little to do and a large surplus of fun money. To add to that, a new flight simulator has just been released which is pulling new people into the hobby, and pulling old people back into the hobby, and a *lot* of those people are buying new flight controllers.  Stock is limited on pretty much everything in the controller world, and the prices have gone through the roof as a result. I paid about half of what they're charging today for a T1600M setup before all this craziness happened. 

I'm actually impressed that Honeycomb has not tried to capitalize on this. They could probably get away with charging an extra $100 right now, and I'm glad they're not. I get the frustration of waiting, but given the truly bizarre world we currently find ourselves in, I think a little more patience than normal might be called for.