Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Is anyone able to fly the Carenado C182T with autopilot?

I am finding that since the latest MSFS update, the C182T autopilot is completely unstable.

Is anyone able to fly in HDG or NAV mode for any length of time?  😉

Bert

I've been flying the 182 for the past week, 36 hours worth of flying using the autopilot with no issues at all, in all modes, especially NAV mode and HDG mode. I have several posts on Instagram with pics of my flights.

• Like 1

My last flight was OK... so I am cautiously optimistic...

Will report back after some more flying  🙂

Bert

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Will report back after some more flying  🙂

This is getting annoying... It will fly a while in stable NAV mode and then simply drop into a spiral dive / spin.  Even though AP is still active, I can control the airplane, using the yoke, if I act quickly enough, without the AP fighting back.. really weird..

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is getting annoying... It will fly a while in stable NAV mode and then simply drop into a spiral dive / spin.  Even though AP is still active, I can control the airplane, using the yoke, if I act quickly enough, without the AP fighting back.. really weird..

Do you by any chance trigger AI pilot by accident ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

50 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Good question.. will check..

Bert

Love the C182 especially flying with steam gauges.
I use AirManager for this.

Photos here of clear forward view or MFD PFD showing if you like.

The AP works great for me. And the 10 degree jumps in heading is fixed by not using the switches on the Alpha that are not intermittent. This is no big deal. And it should be fixed soon.

I like hand flying ILS approches in low IFR with this setup. I find it very realistic and quite challenging. The AP will fly the approaches as well but I prefer hand flying the STAR and Approach  in real life as well. I mostly use there AP en route and mostly in heading mode. I do this in real planes as well. You stay more engaged that way.

125205140_5203257703033354_3928161703093

124768358_5203257713033353_9172763140642

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Do not see any buttons or keys assigned to this.. so how would that happen?

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Do not see any buttons or keys assigned to this.. so how would that happen?

Just a thought. two things made my airplane crash in MSFS: AI pilot, and when autopilot engaged while airplane loaded above max gross weight.  

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Just a thought. two things made my airplane crash in MSFS: AI pilot, and when autopilot engaged while airplane loaded above max gross weight.  

Thanks, but no cause found as yet... Some flights are OK, on others, Otto decides to kill me..

• Like 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

who can figure this sim out. Out of the blue after never having any troubles with it the TBM has started veering off course and spiraling into the ground for me, first using alt-vs, then tried FLC with same result both times about 10-minutes into flight. Only difference is the joystick does nothing. I've personally had enough of waiting every flight for something catastrophic to happen and going to leave MSFS alone for awhile before I start raving and annoying everyone 🙂. Good luck with getting your C182 back!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Otto decides to kill me..

Curse you Red Baron?????  LOL.  Sorry you are experiencing this.  I have not sprung for the 182.  Not yet.  Holding out for A2A.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The C 182T does not even show up in my Hangar as an Airplane available in MSFS2020.The Cessna 152 (2), 172(2) , 208 B(1)  and Cessna Citation CJ4 are available. That is curious.

Rolf

25 minutes ago, Rolfspan said:

The C 182T does not even show up in my Hangar as an Airplane available in MSFS2020.The Cessna 152 (2), 172(2) , 208 B(1)  and Cessna Citation CJ4 are available. That is curious.

Rolf

You do know you have to buy it first in the Market Place, right?

And then download.

Check Content Manager if you bought it.

Sorry if you already did this. Just trying to help.

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I did not know that. I assumed it was part of the package. I lost the Bonanza 36T for a while from the Hangar and that was corrected by deleting third part liveries I installed. This made me believe that I had a similar problem on hand. 

I appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Rolf