Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

LatinVFR KMIA VRAM

I bought the upgrade yesterday as the FSX version had problems in v5. I monitor VRAM usage using RTSS and with the Vertx DA62 and 4096 textures VRAM usage was hitting 10Gb - thehighest of any airport I own. I turned on Dynamic Lighting and that immediately caused it to run out of VRAM.

Changing to 2048 textures solved it but flying around the airport the ground satellite scenery looks dreadful. I'm probably going to rename the large satellite images as they offer me nothing.

@micstatic, with a 24Gb graphics card I'm not surprised you had no problems. Most of us are not that fortunate to own one.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I bought the upgrade yesterday as the FSX version had problems in v5. I monitor VRAM usage using RTSS and with the Vertx DA62 and 4096 textures VRAM usage was hitting 10Gb - thehighest of any airport I own. I turned on Dynamic Lighting and that immediately caused it to run out of VRAM.

Changing to 2048 textures solved it but flying around the airport the ground satellite scenery looks dreadful. I'm probably going to rename the large satellite images as they offer me nothing.

@micstatic, with a 24Gb graphics card I'm not surprised you had no problems. Most of us are not that fortunate to own one.

Hi Ray. You can bring vram usage down by disabling high resolution pbr airport clutter in their Config tool for KMIA. 

This saved a lot of performance too bad decreased Vram also

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Marcus,

Thanks. I found the config tool this morning and have turned off the satellite imagery and other options. I have also turned off DL as I cannot find any settings that improve the view. I really wish you could see changes as you adjust the sliders. Changing with no view visible is really difficult.

I've also requested the tweak to turn off wet runways when it's not raining. My VRAM usage is now 9.4Gb and RAM 15.8Gb.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just installed the non PBR version of KMIA LVFR has made available. The only difference is the unrealistic shine is gone. Much less annoyance.

Vic green

Despite turning off puddles option in the config options the ground still had a wet look even when it was dry. I emailed Ricardo and he spotted the problem straight away. There's a fix for SODE and applying that has cured the problem.

It wasn't available from PC Aviator where I bought it from. I pointed that out to him so hopefully they'll include it.

Great support and I'm a happy bunny. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

With a 1080Ti I even need to lower to 1024 (did not want to give up on the PBR).

Same for their LEMD

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

32 minutes ago, Shomron said:

With a 1080Ti I even need to lower to 1024 (did not want to give up on the PBR).

Same for their LEMD

Did I miss something in the options? Is there a specific PBR option I’ve missed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did I miss something in the options? Is there a specific PBR option I’ve missed?

No. But the dev does deliver non pbr version at your request. If I recall correctly....must be a bit caution here 😉

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

No. But the dev does deliver non pbr version at your request. If I recall correctly....must be a bit caution here 😉

That seems strange when there’s no mention of it on the site I bought it from. No matter. PBR when done well is very effective. FlyTampa Boston being a good example. I’m happy with how the airport looks now. When it rains I can evaluate things.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That seems strange when there’s no mention of it on the site I bought it from. No matter. PBR when done well is very effective. FlyTampa Boston being a good example. I’m happy with how the airport looks now. When it rains I can evaluate things.

I am pretty sure Ray. I have seen this over at their forums. 

But they do not publish it.

But I agree.....PBR can be done effective and looks stunning. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

to me FlyTampa Boston could be the best airport I've seen in p3d.  For many reasons.  Fantastic snow rendering in the winter also

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next