Sign in to follow this  
tull

Just phenomenal......

33 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Oh dont worry, i have MSFS since day one and will never EVER go back to anything else now 😄 but a good moded XP11 with Ortho sceneries was my forst taste at true VFR frying. But now msfs does it out of the box so its the obvious choice for me. 

Yeah I had only just purchased the Tobruk Desert Wings version of CoD when MSFS came out, and whilst the trop variants of Emil's and Hurricanes and Spits are glorious to fly I just cannot bring myself to play it, that old school desert scenery is so flat and featureless compared to MSFS.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DAD said:

Much appreciated and a positive note during crazy Covid times.

Plus, you are not polluting the air by not driving to work and not flying on holiday... 😳

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 11/20/2020 at 1:35 PM, cianpars said:

Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, leprechaunlive said:

The old FSX interface? In 2020? You'r joking right? 

Change fatigue I know how that is myself!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 11/21/2020 at 12:34 AM, Marco Manieri said:

Just to add to what cobalt wrote, many have reported - me included - that what can be called just "eye candy" (scenery, weather depiction, lighting, etc) actually changed what we thought to be "our liking" in flight simming.

Many discovered that the instrumental, planning and system knowledge where our enjoyment sources simply because that was what previous sims tech was good at. This new generation product showed that the "flight experience" itself can be as much entertaining. Many tubeliners/"button pressers" found themselves spending hours just "flying".

Maybe you can at least have a try with a one month game pass subscription to see if it also apply to yourself...

So true for me Marco.  I cringe when someone downplays this by tagging reality as 'eye candy'.  For me it adds colossal meaning to fly over what is actually there, thru realistic lighting and atmospherics, versus the landclass scenery I've purchased for P3D.  Despite being glued to P3D 4.5 flying up to 24h/week for years, it's hard to go back, but I do now and then because it is still rewarding to do all the flight setup, GSX, TO and landing, all within the requirements of scored piloting behavior w/ FSCaptain, just not a whole lot to do when you're up in the air because the outside world just isn't compelling.  Have not completed a flight in P3D for maybe a month now, but went up just this morning and enjoyed the lovely NGXu.  There's life in P3D still for me, but not a whole lot at this point!  

Getting ice tx at KDEN for this mornings snowy conditions:

KDEN-NGXu.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X