Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

East Coast Tour From NY to Washington

4 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

...I have tried three times and each time I have experienced a CTD which has been unusual for me...

Same here. CTD shortly after leaving NY.  No issues with CTD in recent memory.

• Upvote 1

I opened a 3d for those bridges too, it was so obvious for me that no one would have ever, EVER created a tour that let you fly over those crazy bad graphics intentionally, there was a world update, New York is a pretty big city and there's no way they didn't make proper handmade bridges. A-at least not on the path of the tour THEY created to show us how we worried for nothing, and that they are not doing things half assed, but full assed(haha), I mean, that would just be so self harming that I couldn't possibly beli... oh bugsobo you did it, didn't you...

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 11/25/2020 at 7:02 AM, wthomas33065 said:

This has been mentioned time and time again.  The "walled" bridges are the effect of Photogrammetry.  

Photogrammetry acts like a terrain mesh and then a photographic layer is added on top.  That is why the bridges are walled.  The Photogrammetry that MS uses is inferior to that used by Google Earth.

To "improve" the bridges, you need to one by one remove them and replace them with another model.   If you turn off Photogrammetry and fly the tour again, you'll see that all the "walled" bridges have been replaced by generic autogen bridges which tend to hug the water level.

Google Earth does a much better job with their bridges, and that is what many freeware developers are using to solve local bridge issues in their area. 

For example, there is a freeware in flightsim.to which not only redoes KLGA, but also updates several bridges in the New York Metro area.  You might want to look there.

Until MS updates their Photogrammetry this will continue to be a problem. 

See this phenomenon with photogammetry off

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

22 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

See this phenomenon with photogammetry off

show one example of this with photogrammetry off.