Sign in to follow this  
lownslo

ACTIVESKY P3D released

I assume that you are using EA mode in P3d5. It takes about 20-30 seconds for ASP3D to gradually update and this results in a boiling, swirling effect in the clouds. To eliminate this glitch, Hifi has to wait for LM to improve the P3d5 PDK to add additional trueSky functionality.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I assume that you are using EA mode in P3d5. It takes about 20-30 seconds for ASP3D to gradually update and this results in a boiling, swirling effect in the clouds. To eliminate this glitch, Hifi has to wait for LM to improve the P3d5 PDK to add additional trueSky functionality.

Thanks for the reply. It did I fact take about 20-30 seconds prior.

but now it’s been minutes and doing the same.

Back to ASCA for now.

mike

Just bought it together with ASCA. Really disappointed for such an expensive product. I was expecting a lot more. It should cost 15 euros or less, not the ridiculous price of 40 euros. And the performance is all over the place. GPU usage gets so low it's just ridiculous how bad framerates get (if I turn on EA, GPU usage goes to 99% but ASP3D crashes soon after).

39 minutes ago, zecanelao said:

Just bought it together with ASCA. Really disappointed for such an expensive product. I was expecting a lot more. It should cost 15 euros or less, not the ridiculous price of 40 euros. And the performance is all over the place. GPU usage gets so low it's just ridiculous how bad framerates get (if I turn on EA, GPU usage goes to 99% but ASP3D crashes soon after).

what is your gpu?

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I did use Active Sky together with REX Skyforce cloud textures on P3D v4.

Now I have ASP3D together with REX Skyforce cloud textures on P3D v5.

It all looks the same to me and I have not noticed any graphical or performance difference between Active Sky for P3D v4 and ASP3D for P3D v5.

I dont use EA.

Both kills FPS with multiple cloud levels and precipitation.

Having said that I would never fly P3D v5 without ASP3D- its really great for weather.

5 minutes ago, LGKR said:

I did use Active Sky together with REX Skyforce cloud textures on P3D v4.

Now I have ASP3D together with REX Skyforce cloud textures on P3D v5.

It all looks the same to me and I have not noticed any graphical or performance difference between Active Sky for P3D v4 and ASP3D for P3D v5.

I dont use EA.

Both kills FPS with multiple cloud levels and precipitation.

Having said that I would never fly P3D v5 without ASP3D- its really great for weather.

Do you happen to know if REX is planing on making SkyForce officially compatible with v5? I have it but am not using yet in v5.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

No I dont know. I suspect that EA is causing difficulties with the developer. But it works well when just using the cloud textures. 

• Upvote 1