Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Turns out you can!

I think I lost the edit ability on the last post (waited too long to finish the flight)...anyway....turns out the pilot was pretty good and managed to land her safely! (I honestly didn't think I could....nor did my GIB, LOL)

Flying around the island to line up my approach....

oh2ig5.jpg

This island is really well modeled!  Quite beautiful
nY9Shi.jpg

The rock outcroppings are stunning
RsnZMZ.jpg

1st pass....abysmally high and fast....played it safe and resisted the urge to slam it down and hope....let's try again....
3nDcqp.jpg

Love this shot!
k597bX.jpg

Here we go again....much better sight picture this time, speed is good (and slowing with the speed brake out)
QDYEDI.jpg

This is looking good!
WRME24.jpg

I really made it!  (Brakes may be a little hot...or melted!) 🤣

u8L6cm.jpg

When we taxied back and shut down, I had to pry my GIB's hand off the ejection handle! LOL

Give it a try guys.....it was exhilarating 🙂 

EDIT:  Here is my GIB after we parked.....not sure he was feeling well. 🙂

fVhYsy.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

A military jet onto Saba?  I ain't got enough diapers! 😀

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I think I lost the edit ability on the last post (waited too long to finish the flight)...anyway....turns out the pilot was pretty good and managed to land her safely! (I honestly didn't think I could....nor did my GIB, LOL)

Absolutely stunning my friend - thanks for sharing Steve

Rich Sennett

Hummm...short landings, does this have anything to do with Steve's naval career? 🤔

I thought he played with reactors!

Darryl

17 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Hummm...short landings, does this have anything to do with Steve's naval career? 🤔

I thought he played with reactors!

Darryl

Hehe....no....its @wthomas33065 who glows in the dark...I worked on the ASW helos that hunted his kind down and destroyed them 🙂

I never was in a go-fast squadron....was in helos my whole career...because that is where the Navy needed me.  The helo I worked on was being phased out and replaced by the SH-60s...so they were not transferring me out of that type (the SH-3) until they were gone.  Turns out they outlasted me.  Was happy in my career though...helos are a blast...a royal pain to maintain (especially ones that spend most of their lives hovering 40 feet above salt water)....but a satisfying job when you have a good group of maintainers around you. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

46 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe....no....its @wthomas33065 who glows in the dark...I worked on the ASW helos that hunted his kind down and destroyed them

What Steve won't tell you is we often intentionally dropped wrenches on the deck and did other things just so Steve and his buddies didn't feel too bad during our training ops.😁

Not that it mattered much, most Russian boats sounded like a 1950's maytag going through the water, so Steve and his buddies could almost hear those bad boys above the Rotor Noise.   Except the diesels, they could go real quiet.   That all changed when Toshiba and Kongsburg sold milling equipment to the Soviets to make nearly silent propellers.  

To date, no Toshiba product  knowingly passes through my front door.

Edited by wthomas33065

22 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

What Steve won't tell you is we often intentionally dropped wrenches on the deck and did other things just so Steve and his buddies didn't feel too bad during our training ops.😁

Not that it mattered much, most Russian boats sounded like a 1950's maytag going through the water, so Steve and his buddies could almost hear those bad boys above the Rotor Noise.   Except the diesels, they could go real quiet.   That all changed when Toshiba and Kongsburg sold milling equipment to the Soviets to make nearly silent propellers.  

To date, no Toshiba product  knowingly passes through my front door.

And what Mr. Thomas wont tell you is that we had super-secret Smell-ar (Its a derivative of SONAR, but we can actually track the smell of a sub)....and with it, every time there was chili night in the mess, we could track them from miles away! 🤣

Hehe...and all this time, he thought our dipping sonar only "listened" to them...well...we could hear the farts sometimes as well when the chili was particularly spicy. 😆 

About the toshiba/kongsurg issue...we had to revamp our surveillance techniques after that. 😞   Our MAD gear became a lot more relevant then.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg