Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Can I run FSX

Is it possible to riun FSX with Woindows 10 Home edition 64 bit ?

I tried it but  cannot actiovate the product .

Can anybody help /

Thanks

Paul12

Herbert Werni

It is definitely possible... I have it installed and it works.

Now, activation.. I have no idea..

I had it installed on Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10.. no issues.

Have you looked at the FSX Steam Edition?  It may the better way forward for a new install. 😉

• Upvote 1

Bert

I installed the boxed version a few years ago on a Windows 10 64 bit system.  Here is a recent article from Microsoft themselves in case any of the proposed fixes will help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/960481/flight-simulator-x-an-error-occurred-while-attempting-to-activate-the

I personally have much more experience with the Steam version, though.  I only own the boxed version for testing and collecting purposes.

Edited by TextRich

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

1 hour ago, Paul12 said:

I tried it but  cannot actiovate the product .

I built a new system around the first of August and was also no longer able to activate FSX.  I have read a number of others have had the same experience.  I purchased and installed FSX Steam Edition from Steam and it installed just fine. Very inexpensive and all of my FSX addons work fine in FSX SE.   Have been back using it over the past few days with great success all around.  I am a Windows 10 user since September of 2015 and never had an issue with FSX or FSX SE.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

For a fresh install, I would recommend FSX Steam Edition.

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You can totally activate FSX on W10.

It needs a registry hack. I've done this without problem. There have been links to the procedure posted in this forum. But here it is:

1. Run Registry Editor (press Windows key + R and type  regedit  and then  Ok). 

2. Expand the following registry key:                                                                       

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}    The letters in this key could be in capitals and be careful to select the correct Key and Sub Key as any error could render a program or even your OS inoperable.

3. After you find the Key, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from any value shown there to  PartMgr  (note, this is case sensitive - type it as shown here) and delete any other word that may be next to it and click OK.  

5. Close Registry Editor and reboot Computer.  Then launch FSX & check whether the Activation request comes up.

And you might need to run the program as admin.

• Like 1

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.