Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

EIDW (Dublin) released for MSFS2020

just bought through Orbx Central  -hopefully no issues 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

MS Store version.

Same as me then, It looks like I might have to uninstall MSFS and change the install location, as the file location's name length seems to be the problem. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

yes or a short cut in there.

Can confirm that this worked without any problems - many thanks.

2 hours ago, eaim said:

Same as me then, It looks like I might have to uninstall MSFS and change the install location, as the file location's name length seems to be the problem. 

Can you not extract the files from the installer using winrar, and then rename the extracted folder to DUB or something short and then just manually place the file in the community folder? 

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Can you not extract the files from the installer using winrar, and then rename the extracted folder to DUB or something short and then just manually place the file in the community folder? 

I could but I think my MSFS install needs to placed in a better named folder (my install is on a different drive than my C drive), I had problems with the installed update previously, and this worked but I've had problems a few times with the filenames being too long for some of the liveries from the mega liveries 3rd party add on, so I think it's best to cut my losses and sort it out now before I have multiple add ons going forward.

Thanks for your suggestion though.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Mine is on E:\MS2020

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'm pleased to say that the problem seemed to be on my end, after uninstalling MSFS and then reinstalling it to a more simplified filing structure, basically E:\MSFS everything with dublin seems ok, except the ILS seemed off centre by a fairly large amount, but overall I'm happy with it.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

except the ILS seemed off centre by a fairly large amount

Which runway?  I just flew into 28L and the ILS seemed to be bang on.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 12/13/2020 at 6:53 PM, regis9 said:

Which runway?  I just flew into 28L and the ILS seemed to be bang on.

I'm pleased to report that I flew into Dublin on 28L and the ILS worked fine, I don't know what I done wrong earlier. Anyhow nice Airport MK Studios.