Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Scratches in the windshields?!

What do all those videos got to do with the completely overdone scratch effects in MSFS' planes?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

35 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What do all those videos got to do with the completely overdone scratch effects in MSFS' planes?

They show people scratching their real life airplanes 😄

To be honest I do not personally think they are overdone but could not be bothered getting into yet another one of those pointless "this looks awful"  ... " oh no it does not it is realistic" arguments you get a lot here lately,  where neither side is ever going to budge.

I've spent a lot of time trying to polish out the scratches on the windshield and now my monitor has gone blurry.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

20 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Well...i mean...

it adds to the immersion flying a shabby old 152 or the Cub. But sitting in a 27 Million Citation or 5 Million TBM the last thing i'd like to see when looking against the sun are scratches that somebody caused using the wrong cloth.

Heads would roll...

So as some other effects in MSFS i feel them to be way overdone...

A kingdom for a mod that removes them!

You’d be surprised...

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

This one got  a little more than scratched in this landing ...

Düsseldorf. It’s like that a lot. Wings to the wind, rudder to the runway. 

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

Düsseldorf. It’s like that a lot. Wings to the wind, rudder to the runway. 

Wasnt that Hamburg? (As the video title says?)

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

14 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

You’d be surprised...

by what?

5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Wasnt that Hamburg? (As the video title says?)

Nee, Düsseldorf. 

5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

by what?

How tall I am in person. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Nee, Düsseldorf. 

Das ist doch die 23 in HAM 😉

3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

How tall I am in person. 

🥱

Darn young'un forgot to take off his class ring when he waxed on/waxed off.

Screenshot-182.png

James

I actually think they are realistic.  Though IRL scratches only show up in certain light conditions and are almost invisible when the light is at a different angle. Also once you get used to scratches you tend not to even see them.  That said, if scratches gets as bad as the one below it becomes a safety issue and they really should invest in a scratch removal kit.  Imagine landing at dusk on Runway 27 somewhere with this many scratches 😄

aircraft-window-repair-before2.jpg

What would probably make everyone happy is a slider that lets you adjust the amount of scratches and other signs of wear and tear.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I assume the scratches are part of the window texture, but I haven't looked into it. But if it is part of the texture then they wouldn't be able to add a toggle.