Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

C172 (not G1000) Ammeter not working properly

Good afternoon...  I'm using the C172 w/ steam gauges and the Honeycomb Yoke.  After starting the engines (and ensuring that both the alternator, battery and avionics rocker switches are all activated) I notice that the ammeter is discharging instead of being at zero (as it should in the real plane).  If I lower the flaps, for just a moment the meter jumps to zero but immediately discharges again.  It will remain that way throughout the flight no matter what I've tried. As a real C172 pilot, I find this frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, is there a fix for it?   Looking forward to your replies.

Mike

The default aircraft are not meant to be study aircraft, so do not expect them to be updated.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

The ammeter should actually be indicating slightly above zero which would mean it’s charging. Which would make sense considering you were just using the battery alone before engine start. 

Either way, I wouldn’t get too hung up on default aircraft in the sim being anything remotely close to their real life counter parts.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

In Sept the 18th, I opened a Zendesk ticket named "The Alternator gauge needle movement is coded backward"...  certainly as many others. For hardcore simmers and real PPL pushing the ALT button on any plane, should be associated with the correct result on the Amp meter.

The ticket has been closed and the status is "Solved" which means barely that I validate the ticket and that's it.

bMSUJfoM3YUO5CKHQYt2opT2V?token=eyJhbGci

oSaqmSAlrZ5rW3y6oGpLQep2h?token=eyJhbGci

Even if I am - like a certainly important silent number of simmers - a GA addict, I fully understand that there's other higher top priorities in the core engine of the sim than this already great analog C172. Let's wait for a better SDK and a talented aircraft developer.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Gosh!  I never noticed this issue with the Ammeter in negative territory.  I will use my 172 sparingly now, as I really don't want to run out of Am's!  

Seriously though, it would be nice if they fixed it.  I suspect it would only be a little tweak.  There is a C172 community fix on Gamers Nexus that addresses the performance and handling, but sadly not this issue.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a C172 community fix on Gamers Nexus that addresses the performance and handling, but sadly not this issue.

You mean this one? : https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/370 It's for the G1000 version.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

It has been broken since the start. I suspect that it is not so much coded backwards, rather it seems to act more like a load meter than an ammeter. It is very annoying.

Chris

I submitted Zendesk tickets weeks ago on the 152, 172, amp-meters. As far as being study level, IMHO, its good ol basic instrumentation and should be fixed. We wait.

Did submit a ticket on a Cylinder Head Temp problem, stays at zero, I think it was on the C208. Again, we wait.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

4 hours ago, vbazillio said:

You mean this one? : https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/370 It's for the G1000 version.

Sorry yes. My mistake.

I really wish they would just knuckle down and fix some of these smaller irritating issues first rather than keep adding more content all of the time.

MS / Asobo are really starting to annoy me now with their lack of listening.

We ask for our water masks back, and what do we get?  Seasonal Ice formations that I have not seen anybody ask for.

For heavens sake. 😡

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.