Sign in to follow this  
Dylanear

Drzewiecki Design's Seattle LOD a mess?

Maybe it's the new 1.12.13, or something else, but the Drzewiecki Design's Seattle Landmarks looks like hell until I'm right up near buildings and then they pop into looking quite nice. I'd hope once the high quality geo has loaded it would stay loaded, but if I fly past and turn right around the super low res geo is back until I get right back up very close. The giant cranes at the port areas look SO much better than the lousy stock photogrammetry, but they seem to mostly disappear, leaving only the tops as I get close?  

Seems like there's no medium LODs, just super low res and full res. And the logic that controls when each LOD is used seems quite poor? Just me? Or others bothered by this too? Has it always been like this? Or only with the new MSFS Sim Update 2 release? IVqX3hN.jpgdpzLQJY.jpg

Edited by Dylanear
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, something strange happens after the update.

By the way, did you notice the ship near the city? In my case it is spinning on itself!

Asobo... be more careful!

Was considering a purchase for this, so thanks for the heads up, think I'll give it a miss now.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

37 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Was considering a purchase for this, so thanks for the heads up, think I'll give it a miss now.

It's the new v1.12.13 update.  It was totally fine before.  There's a freeware mod that corrects this.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't have nothing to compare to, since I just recently got this addon. But before the update, there were no weird popping loading issues with this scenery?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I don't have nothing to compare to, since I just recently got this addon. But before the update, there were no weird popping loading issues with this scenery?

Hi,

No, before the last update everything was fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback folks. I suspected a nice looking add on like this one would work well when it was released. So I did guess it might be update related. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Don't hesitate to buy this, it's a great upgrade over default Seattle. But yeah, maybe wait until Asobo updates with a fix or Drzewiecki updates to work around the issue. 

I'm not at all regretful I bought it, I like doing Vancouver, BC to Seattle flights and Seattle default wasn't as nice as Vancouver default. Now if the FSimStudios  CYVR would just release (sometime in Jan) I'll have two gorgeous big cities with good seaplane infrastructure. But I fear Milviz is going to take a long time to get a De Havilland  Beaver ready. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dillon said:

It's the new v1.12.13 update.  It was totally fine before.  There's a freeware mod that corrects this.

If there is a way to hint at where this mod might be without breaking forum rules, I’d appreciate it....can’t find it on one common freeware site?

3 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

If there is a way to hint at where this mod might be without breaking forum rules, I’d appreciate it....can’t find it on one common freeware site?

Elevation Fixes - United States • Flight Simulator 2020

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think it's the photogrammetry poking through.

If you turn it off does it still happen?

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think it's the photogrammetry poking through.

If you turn it off does it still happen?

This is without photogrammetry... and yes, the latest update caused it.

And no, the elevation fixes do not cure it... separate issue, as best I can tell.

• Upvote 1

Bert

On 12/25/2020 at 5:57 AM, captain420 said:

Correct.

Bert