Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Drzewiecki Design KBFI scenery issues

P3D v5?  If so, there appear to be multiple compatability issues with BFI/PAE/RNT on 5.1+HF (particularly elevation).

From their forum: ""It seems that we need to check the current status of Seattle Airports X in P3D v5 with HF1, but it can take a little bit more time - both P3D and MSFS are changing a lot and this is very challenging issue to us to provide the compatibility to all these changes in the short term."

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

P3D v5?  If so, there appear to be multiple compatability issues with BFI/PAE/RNT on 5.1+HF (particularly elevation).

At SeaTac too, I have some (default) taxiway signs there that don't seem to have been properly excluded in V5.

So is this a case of...I just have to wait for them to get their scenery sorted?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

17 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

So is this a case of...I just have to wait for them to get their scenery sorted?

Ini builds has a fix for it on their site, they’ve done an exclusion for DD Seattle Airports 

It could be a number of things on your end. What version of the sim is it? What other scenery addons do you have active in the area? ORBX FTX PNW will have it's own airport files for all of those airports that will conflict unless you disable them and also the ORBX library insertion points needs to be properly set. Not doing any of these can cause issues seen above. From the images posted by the OP, there's all sorts of conflicting scenery objects.

I'm running V5 but it was also fine on previous p3d versions as well as ORBX everything and have no elevation issues at DD Sea-Tac, or BFI.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'm v5.1 HF 1

KSEA is fine, it appears to be KBFI with the issues. I do have ORBX Global OpenLC North America installed too.

64.0 GB RAM

BFI should be fine as well. What is your ORBX library insertion point set to?

6 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

BFI should be fine as well. What is your ORBX library insertion point set to?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that...?

64.0 GB RAM

Not your scenery library. Open ORBX Central and then settings. Select Insertion point from the bottom left. Orbx Airports and Regions needs to be inserted below your bottom most addon scenery (what you have added/installed, not the default scenery) and the Orbx Global openLC goes below your Airports and regions (which should be set by default). 

This is a very important step that for some reason, MANY users either set it incorrectly or don't set it at all. Over the past 10-12 years (yup, it's been around that long 😉 ) there have been hundreds of posts about scenery issues, many blaming vector or faulty layering when it was the users themselves that hadn't properly set their insertion points.

Edited by Dave_YVR

This looks like a discrepancy in your airport elevation data, like conflicting elevation stubs for KBFI. If you use ORBX, have you deactivated the KBFI files in your ORBX directory? I'm not sure about Vector v5, but in Orbx Vector for v4  there are a number of Airport Elevation Corrections (AECs) that are part of the product and can be disabled by opening the Vector Config panel and going to the AEC tab. Alternatively, try just searching "*KBFI" in your Orbx directory and deactivating those files.

If all of that fails, you can try editing the airport elevation data yourself, but that requires some proficiency in Airport Design Editor and a bit of time for tweaking/testing. I have used this to fix a number of elevation data / texture bleed discrepancies at a variety of airports. Of course, always create back-up copies of the original files before modifying anything.

https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199788-how-do-i-change-the-airport-altitude

Windows 10 64bit | Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi | i9-10900k + ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 | 12GB EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 | 64GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3600 | 2x 2TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO | 1x 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO | 3x Thermaltake PWM Fans | EVGA SuperNOVA 220 80+ Gold 850W  | InWin 303C

20 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Not your scenery library. Open ORBX Central and then settings. Select Insertion point from the bottom left. Orbx Airports and Regions needs to be inserted below your bottom most addon scenery (what you have added/installed, not the default scenery) and the Orbx Global openLC goes below your Airports and regions (which should be set by default). 

This is a very important step that for some reason, MANY users either set it incorrectly or don't set it at all. Over the past 10-12 years (yup, it's been around that long 😉 ) there have been hundreds of posts about scenery issues, many blaming vector or faulty layering when it was the users themselves that hadn't properly set their insertion points.

I tried this in ORBX central, setting the insertion point below my bottom addon scenery. Still get this:
https://imgur.com/xcBSHk1
https://imgur.com/B8cbzYG

Are you sure there's not a deeper problem with the Drzewiecki Design scenery? Seems one of the earlier posters thought this could be the case...

64.0 GB RAM

And you have just Orbx NA LC? I swapped out my custom ade's for both SEA and  BFI and tried the ones that came with DD Seattle X and still don't have any issues with terrain/elevation.

No problem with all DD Seattle airports ORBX below my addon airports but importantly above my base scenery folders, which ORBX has a habit of placing folders in the base scenery that`s why i always check after opening ORBX Central, check as ORBX now sometimes puts elevation data in the base which i move with Addon Organizer.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg