Sign in to follow this  
Bigmarty

GNS 530 Reverts to 360 Degrees (resolved)

When a flightplan is loaded and activated, autopilot is activated, the aircraft will follow an input compass heading but when Nav is activated it changes direction to 360 degrees no matter what the flightplan waypoint heading is in the flightplan.

P3D v5.1, windows 10 and the aircraft is Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended.

I have tried different settings in configuration, the instrument GPS is activated, the on-board instrument is blank. The most recent update (received today) is installed.

I obviously have an incorrect setting somewhere but can't locate it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realityxp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Martin

Just confirm your latest GNS version is 2.4.21.2?

This is typically a symptom of the GNS after a P3D update until the GNS itself is updated to be compatible.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1

David Porrett

Thanks for the reply. I checked and did not have the latest GNS version installed, but I do now and the aircraft is still doing the same thing. I did not mention earlier that even when I input "Direct To" different waypoints it doesn't change the 360/0 heading.

26 minutes ago, Bigmarty said:

Thanks for the reply. I checked and did not have the latest GNS version installed, but I do now and the aircraft is still doing the same thing. I did not mention earlier that even when I input "Direct To" different waypoints it doesn't change the 360/0 heading.

In the RXP GNS settings, make sure that LinkVOR is checked.

When you first power up the GNS, stop at the test page, and verify that the HSI needles are deflecting correctly.

If they do not, adjust the RXP GNS settings.

; connects GPS to HSI if true.
LinkHsi = true
; connects GPS to HSI course if true.
LinkCrs = true
; connects HSI OBS to GPS if true.
LinkObs = true
; connects GPS to VOR if true.
LinkVor = true

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

Bert, thank you very much. I have been struggling with this for a couple of days and now it seem fine.

Martin

• Like 1