Sign in to follow this  
feng

New liveries

Hi, I noticed the last update talked about new liveries for each aircraft, but I do not appear to have any. I only have the one original one.

I checked the content manager and everything shows as up to date, so I am not sure if I should have new liveries or not?

13 minutes ago, feng said:

Hi, I noticed the last update talked about new liveries for each aircraft, but I do not appear to have any. I only have the one original one.

I checked the content manager and everything shows as up to date, so I am not sure if I should have new liveries or not?

They only appear for beta testers I think 🙂

Victor Roos

43 minutes ago, feng said:

You can download a great livery pack yourselve. Just use your favorite search engine and voila!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

You can download a great livery pack yourselve. Just use your favorite search engine and voila!

and otherwise, if you mean all liveries in general, indeed 😉

Victor Roos

4 hours ago, Victoroos said:

They only appear for beta testers I think 🙂

If by new liveries they mean the blue and white MSFS ugly ones. I am not a Beta tester and I got those.

You just "buy" them for free in the marketplace.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Sorry to be clear, I was talking about the ones that appeared that they would come with the update. I already had a few that I had downloaded I just wasn't seeing any new "official" ones from MS / Asobo

28 minutes ago, feng said:

Sorry to be clear, I was talking about the ones that appeared that they would come with the update. I already had a few that I had downloaded I just wasn't seeing any new "official" ones from MS / Asobo

1. Go to Marketplace

2. Look for the Aviators Club Livery

3. Hit "buy and download" it will be free

4.  install it from the content manager if it does not install automatically

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

1. Go to Marketplace

2. Look for the Aviators Club Livery

3. Hit "buy and download" it will be free

4.  install it from the content manager if it does not install automatically

Yes thats how you find them, i DL mine around 2 days ago and i am no Beta Tester; those guys get some other on`s too.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
typo

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If by new liveries they mean the blue and white MSFS ugly ones.

They are ugly aren't they 🤨  I was hoping for better than that and a paint kit maybe.  I'm not convinced that community liveries don't cause CTDs.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

36 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I'm not convinced that community liveries don't cause CTDs.

I think CTD´s not coming from community liveries ( maybe from wrong aircraft.cfg or other kind off this files )

I am using realy a lot of this free paints and so far i had never a CTD from liveries but before i port them over to the community folder

i check all the relevant files as ac.cfg and similar try to avoid such issues..

But normaly if something is wrong in this relevant files the AC just does not showing up in your livery window from MSFS.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
typo
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, sightseer said:

They are ugly aren't they 🤨  I was hoping for better than that and a paint kit maybe.  I'm not convinced that community liveries don't cause CTDs.

One thing Asobo did provide is how they do liveries for those that want to make them themselves.

They also provided some .cfg files that were previously locked up in .fsarchive files.

• Like 1

James

And if anyone knows where the Alphas have liveries specifically for them please let me know.  Given my tenure in the alpha I'd hoped at least for an avatar wearing a shirt with the requisite "I participated in the MSFS 2020 Alpha and Beta programs and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" but even that has not materialized, mores the pity.

2 hours ago, badgenes said:

And if anyone knows where the Alphas have liveries specifically for them please let me know.  Given my tenure in the alpha I'd hoped at least for an avatar wearing a shirt with the requisite "I participated in the MSFS 2020 Alpha and Beta programs and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" but even that has not materialized, mores the pity.

You have to grab the alpha/beta liveries from the content manager if they didn't automatically install.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:15 AM, Phantoms said:

One thing Asobo did provide is how they do liveries for those that want to make them themselves.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find where Asobo tells how to add just a livery to the community folder (the officially supported way).  Can you provide a link please?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.