Sign in to follow this  
PTI139

Import a flightplan before launching a flight

Instead of building my (IFR)- flightplans with the MSFS tool inside the app I prefer to use Simbrief to plan my flight.

There is an option/ a button to load this file BUT unfortunately this does not allways work as I wished sometimes it works, sometimes not, I did not yet get the system behind it.

- after loading the flightplan MSFS allways puts the departure to a runway. Since generations we flightsimmers do not start our flights with running engines on the runway but properly cold and dark at the gate. So I try to change my start position to a gate. In the combo box there are obviously not all parking positions (mostly GA small parkings) - so I try to choose a stand on the map (rol, roll, roll with the mouse).

I choose a stand as departure and WHOOPS MSFS destroys my hard worked route and replaces it by its own. As I said, not allways but frequently.

Or I try to add SIDs or STARS - also doing that can destroy my imported Simbrief route. if I reimport it MSFS pops me on the runway again.

Long sermon - short answer: is there a standardized and reliable procedure how to import a simbrief route into the app before flight - preferebly completable by SID and/or STAR?

Thanks in advance and lovely winter sunday.

Edited by PTI139

15 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

Instead of building my (IFR)- flightplans with the MSFS tool inside the app I prefer to use Simbrief to plan my flight.

There is an option/ a button to load this file BUT unfortunately this does not allways work as I wished sometimes it works, sometimes not, I did not yet get the system behind it.

- after loading the flightplan MSFS allways puts the departure to a runway. Since generations we flightsimmers do not start our flights with running engines on the runway but properly cold and dark at the gate. So I try to change my start position to a gate. In the combo box there are obviously not all parking positions (mostly GA small parkings) - so I try to choose a stand on the map (rol, roll, roll with the mouse).

I choose a stand as departure and WHOOPS MSFS destroys my hard worked route and replaces it by its own. As I said, not allways but frequently.

Or I try to add SIDs or STARS - also doing that can destroy my imported Simbrief route. if I reimport it MSFS pops me on the runway again.

Long sermon - short answer: is there a standardized and reliable procedure how to import a simbrief route into the app before flight - preferebly completable by SID and/or STAR?

Thanks in advance and lovely winter sunday.

I had the same problem with Navigraph-generated flight plans. Don't choose a stand on the map, choose a stand from the drop down menu.

Had a similar problem. You can choose a stand from the drop-down, but should you dare choose a final approach - Boom! Away goes your imported plan.

Theoretically the route should not change unless the Reset option is used, I hope this gets fixed. 

3 hours ago, deetee said:

You can choose a stand from the drop-down, but should you dare choose a final approach - Boom! Away goes your imported plan.

On the real Garmin GPS, you have two options: loading or activating the Approach.

"Loading"  adds the approach to the end of the flightplan.

"Activating" removes all waypoints before the IAF.

Bert

Having the same issue with the flight planning process. I use FSTramp and also seems that I need to work the flightplan twice, as the internal MSFS seems to take over once the intended flightplan is loaded up by the sim.

By the way, asked FSTramp support for assistance and it seems they do not exist.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You simple need to use the drop down menu to select a ramp/gate. If you click a "dot" as you describe it all does wrong.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

On the real Garmin GPS, you have two options: loading or activating the Approach.

Good point - since I had experienced that I even do no longer dare to click on „Load“ - but I think that is superstition 🙂

45 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You simple need to use the drop down menu to select a ramp/gate. If you click a "dot" as you describe it all does wrong.

Yes, thats an option but how do you do that If you do not know the kind of gate - there are collections in the drop down on some large airports only containing  „GA small“ or „GA large“ or gate numbers that do not correspond with my charts - where can I place my Airbus wishing to find a proper gate - or my citation looking for a smaller stand?

But you are right that seems to be the only way at the moment.

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Bert, that shouldn't happen on the flight planner screen in MSFS before you load the flight, which is what we are frustrated about. Certain UI actions are causing it to overwrite an imported route with its own route.

7 minutes ago, deetee said:

Hi Bert, that shouldn't happen on the flight planner screen in MSFS before you load the flight, which is what we are frustrated about. Certain UI actions are causing it to overwrite an imported route with its own route.

I agree.. the MSFS flight planner and G1000 are incomplete/broken in many ways..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

4 hours ago, PTI139 said:

Yes, thats an option but how do you do that If you do not know the kind of gate - there are collections in the drop down on some large airports only containing  „GA small“ or „GA large“ or gate numbers that do not correspond with my charts - where can I place my Airbus wishing to find a proper gate - or my citation looking for a smaller stand?

But you are right that seems to be the only way at the moment.

That’s were navigraph charts come in. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I had the same problem with Navigraph-generated flight plans. Don't choose a stand on the map, choose a stand from the drop down menu.

This really needs to be pinned.  9th query about this in the last 45 days alone.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

10 hours ago, deetee said:

Had a similar problem. You can choose a stand from the drop-down, but should you dare choose a final approach - Boom! Away goes your imported plan.

Theoretically the route should not change unless the Reset option is used, I hope this gets fixed. 

Which is why you want to add the IAF or FAF to the FP waypoints, and then have the approach loaded, activating when passing that last waypoint IAF or FAF.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

11 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Which is why you want to add the IAF or FAF to the FP waypoints, and then have the approach loaded, activating when passing that last waypoint IAF or FAF.

Actually:  Activating before passing the IAF,  or the airplane will turn around and go to the IAF.. at least, that is the way the real unit works.. 😉

If you are already past the IAF, do not activate, just fly the approach.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

That’s were navigraph charts come in. 

Mmmh, help me to understand that. In fact I use these charts.

If the gate/stand identfiers on the charts do not match the identifiers in the drop down or are missing in the drop down, I cannot put my plane where I want.

If you don't care, allright, but for me it matters where to start my flight. 

Edited by PTI139