Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

(RNLAF) Fokker-60 Utility Turboprop - 9 images

[While looking at a few images of the Fokker 50, today, I was reminded of its less known, bigger but younger sibling, the Fokker 60.]

F27, F50, F70, and F100 series are well-known aircraft developed by the former Dutch company Fokker (the first two were powered by twin-turboprops engines and the latter two by twin-turbofans). It's easy to spot F27 and F50, especially because of their "pointy" noses (that look pretty in their own characteristic ways, and "...oozed retro-coolness...", I read somewhere...🙂...). Anyway, in between F50 and F70 lines, there was another twin-turboprop, F60, that we don't see much around, because, only 4 were ever built, and those 4 all went to The Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) i.e. none of those 4 examples were deployed in civil transportation. Both F50/F60 turboprops have proved to be reliable work-horses for decades. Consider this: The RNLAF finally sold their F60s to be replaced by only the legendary C-130 Hercules.

The "Fokker 60" was a direct evolution of the Fokker 50 and was given a lengthened (and strengthened)  fuselage to better serve the cargo-hauling, tactical transport, and military utility market. The Fokker 60s of the RNLAF were utilized for various missions: transport of people, cargo, para-trooping, and medical evacuation etc.

So, hope you enjoy these few pictures, below, of the Fokker-60 Utility, of RNLAF, in a yellow/black "Alternate" paint, instead of the normal "camouflage" livery.

[PAOB(F60), Orbx(NZ)]

OkdkCK.png

L4VGun.png

tZXYyy.png

bHNYlV.png

K7gEBl.png

ciQE84.png

gDZpjt.png

SfptKe.png

pN0Czb.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/25/2021 at 4:10 AM, John F said:

Fokker F60, huh? That must have sneaked under my radar.

John

Same here 🙂 And I'm even more astonished that it has been modeled for our flight simulator. 

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 1/25/2021 at 3:10 AM, John F said:

That must have sneaked under my radar.

at least the "camouflage" is not stealthy! :tongue: Must be trying to blend in with any nearby bee colonies.. :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

John, Schwarzgruber, Bernd: Thanks....!!

While examining my Carenado F50, it occurred to me that long ago, I'd paid good money for this (un-common) F60 SIM....so, felt like taking it out for a bit of fresh air...🙂...the F60 was, of course, overshadowed by the more famous F50.....(glad it was bit of a stranger to you,...🙂...in the SIM world...)...

Mark:

...🙂...I think RNLAF had only Silver/Grey color scheme for their F60s, so this must be fictitious...(the "Bee" repaint....caught my eyes, that's all)...

• Like 2