Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

VDGS in the US

I'm wondering where I can find information about the VDGS Systems on US Airports. Flytampa Las Vegas and Bosten have VDGS, Flightbeam has something in KSFO (Traffic Lights from SODE), there are some kind of VDGS in ImagineSim Austin and Taxi2Gate Orlando. I'd like to update them with the SODE VDGS system, but I can't find any information which airport has VDGS and which type. In Europe I'll find the info in the charts from Navigraph, but nearly no info for the US in these charts.

Has anyone more info? Will be great.

Thanks Urmel

Anyone an idea? Seems to be difficult or impossible to get VDGS info.

I am sorry for you Urmel! But I don´t have a clue where you can get this from........

Regards

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I know this is not easy...I programmed a lot of addon airports arround the world and had the same problem. But nevertheless

try http://www.flightsimati.com ...you won't find informations but some xml.files for SODE VDGS in various addon airports.

Edited by aletri
wrong word
  • Like 1

Loking at the official airport charts? I don't know about the FAA, but at least Aerocivil publishes VDGS info for SKBO in its charts.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

You might just have to find real life videos of aircraft parking into a gate at whatever airport you choose. FAA and Jeppesen does not give any information on what kind of stand guidance system the airport uses. Personally though I wouldn't trust imaginesim, as they use the same traffic light in every airport (they used them at KSJC and San Jose doesn't even use any VDGS at all...)