Sign in to follow this  
jeff20

axisandohs with fbw a320 mod

hi

i am new to aao so i might be doing something wrong

using the default a320 in msfs2020 aao works great the app is very intutive

but i cant get flight controls etc honeycomb alpha to work at all elevator ailerons etc

even throttles on the bravo unit do not respond is this because of the fbw mod or am i missing something

any advice appreciated

jeff

jeff storey

20 minutes ago, jstorey20 said:

hi

i am new to aao so i might be doing something wrong

using the default a320 in msfs2020 aao works great the app is very intutive

but i cant get flight controls etc honeycomb alpha to work at all elevator ailerons etc

even throttles on the bravo unit do not respond is this because of the fbw mod or am i missing something

any advice appreciated

jeff

Use Events instead of the Axis selection at the top.

I don't have any mods, but people told me that the FBW is listening to certain simulator events instead of the axis variables.

I'm not really sure, but you should try these events

ELEVATOR_SET
AILERON_SET
RUDDER_SET

THROTTLE1_SET
THROTTLE2_SET

The same events exist where the name starts with "AXIS_" (="AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET" etc.). If those above don't work in an aircraft, try the AXIS_ variant too. 

How to assign an event as an axis: click on the "Select simulator event" combobox on the axis assignment dialog, enter "elevator_set" in the filter box at the bottom, click "Apply Filter" and select the appropriate event in the treelist with a doubleclick.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

thank you for very quick reply and the advice

will try these events as soon as i can

outstanding support

jeff storey

@Lorby_SI

Oliver-

One of LINDA’s most attractive features were the “modules” that were available for individual aircraft- thus allowing for quick/easy setup and then further customization. Do you foresee such a repository for A&O eventually (or perhaps it’s here already)?

Obviously I’m mostly referring to the “bridge” section for the MCP so perhaps this question is more suitably addressed to @guenseli Guenter...

This post highlights the opportunity to “solve” such issues collectively rather than individually.

Thanks for any consideration.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

hello Carl,

the modules are nearly similar to the Templates in AAO as we already made with the MCP Templates.

When you make a template for the A320 as example, you could share it and if other users load it, they get asked to assign their hardware. So, import template, AAO asks you what you want to assign for e.g. throttle axis 1 and then you move the lever or press the button you like.

Or do you think about sth else here? 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

This post highlights the opportunity to “solve” such issues collectively rather than individually.

Hello Carl,

for a group effort you first need a group. There is no AAO "community" to speak of, not like there is with FSUIPC and LINDA. The sales volume of AAO is very very low, and barely a handful of people even watched much less reacted to guensli's videos about the VRI bridge or the StreamDeck plugin.

At the moment it doesn't really make sense to invest any mayor effort into a goal that might benefit the community. All you can hope for is that somebody doesn't mind the hours for creating, maintaining and supporting a template or Elgato profile.And those could just as well be shared on flightsim.to, just like everything else...

Form my perspective it looks like nodoby really cares. OK, maybe the peroid is too harsh - let's say "nobody except for a handful of people really cares about the advanced possibilities".

Best regards 

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

barely a handful of people even watched

Hey, that is not true:

0FlMTnj.jpg

I'm straight forward to be one of the most attractive youtubers ... 😄

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

@Lorby_SI and @guenseli - I take you both with me on EVERY MSFS flight.

I DO CARE 🙂

This program is like a new soda company fighting for shelf space with Coke & Pepsi...it will take time.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I also purchased purchased as soon as it was available, but have yet to explore the item.  At 76 - almost 77 - I enjoy many kinds of "help" from a variety of hardware bits 'n' pieces and am waiting - patiently I hope - for "easy" guidance on this and the X-Touch item I purchased too 😞   so little time, so much to try to learn.  BR

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

I completely agree with the the above comments - I only discovered AAO existed yesterday when I was looking at Streamdeck plugins on flightsim.to.  I've only been flight simming since MSFS 2020 came out and have been frustrated by some of the limitations and bugs (10/100 100/1000 bug, not being able to use my HC Bravo to control the WT CJ4 AP panel etc).  I've tried FSUIPC/LINDA but with limited success and after looking at the scripts/templates already available for AAO means I will be buying it as soon as I finish typing this.

Keep the faith - there must be a lot more people like me that are waiting to find this kind of functionality (the ability to easily pull HVARS and LVARS direct from the sim is worth the money alone IMO) - we just need to spread the word.

Chris

The enthusiasts community is always a fraction of the mainstream.

Anyway, thank you for your product, especially now that I was able to bind encoders to the Garmin knobs flying the autopilot of the small planes is so much fun!