Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Tonight I REALLY wish there was a replay function

LOL, that cat actually looks a bit like mine too.  Poor kitty!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

LOL, that cat actually looks a bit like mine too.  Poor kitty!

You do not normally see "remove cat" on a pre-flight checklist.

Fortunately it stayed put until they landed and removed it safely.

What a devastating cat-astrophe.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Hi to all you British: It's a total mystery for me as a German what's your problem with puns. I like them very much and my family sometimes rolls eyes when I'm overdoing it. Ahem, maybe that's it? 😁

• Like 1

I’m just happy to have started a thread here and by page 2 no one is arguing 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

According to the last Q&A session with Microsoft and Asobo, the replay functionality was the second most requested feature (behind integration of the working mods for the CJ4 and 747). A dedicated group is working on this feature. Main issue is stutters at this time. When this feature is initially offered, it will be very simple - record and play (not able to playback all the optional camera views). No specific time  given for release, but it is listed for release this year. So this feature is coming, but it sounds like months out.

Edited by Doering
  • Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

I was surprised how well the Nvidia recorder works.  I didn't expect it to work so well.

I noticed no significant performance hit when I triggered it to record, and it is as smooth as the sim on playback, even at 4k.  If the sim goes a bit low on fps, then so does the recording, but I expect that.

The only issue is that you have to install the Nvidia experience alongside your drivers to enable this, so you just need to check it doesn't 'optimise' your sim settings.  It takes just a second to check or turn that bit off.

In sim replay is a different matter of course.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I was surprised how well the Nvidia recorder works.  I didn't expect it to work so well.

I noticed no significant performance hit when I triggered it to record, and it is as smooth as the sim on playback, even at 4k.  If the sim goes a bit low on fps, then so does the recording, but I expect that.

The only issue is that you have to install the Nvidia experience alongside your drivers to enable this, so you just need to check it doesn't 'optimise' your sim settings.  It takes just a second to check or turn that bit off.

In sim replay is a different matter of course.

Compared to the OBS software I currently use, Nvidia shadowplay has a minimal effect on FPS.

Problem was here was no way I could get Shadowplay to reliably record one particular screen it kept swapping.  It is also messed up if HDR was turned on.

• Like 1

You need FS Playground.

Just received a new update today.

Dear Friends,

Another update is coming your way, bringing a couple of important improvements.
The teleporting system got a major update and all the dancing is mostly over. There is also an option to pause after move.

The FS crashing our utility (when itself crashes) is not an issue anymore and FS playground will save your position and track automatically. For on-line flyers this is valuable as they can restart FS and continue flying where the mishap took place.

The UI got a bit of a clean up with the replay controller making more sense than ever as to what is happening. More to come.

A major improvement is the return of the focus to the FS window after a button is used in the replay controller. It was quite annoying to click for example on "REPLAY" then have to click in the FS window with the mouse before you could press "END" to select the outside view.

A few minor issues were also fixed.

Coming up will be (the long overdue) key shortcuts that get sidelined update after update.

A new improvement is coming to the replay system with better support for low fps systems.

Team NVG

CHANGELOG (v0.99.26)

New Systems

• FS crash will not crash FS Playground
  • On FS exit or Crash, the last position is saved. Also the track is automatically saved 

Replay Controller 

• Added more color coding
  • After every replay controller operation focus is returned to FS making the experience much more integrated with FS (no need to click in FS to change views, cameras. or any other keyboard operations)

Replay 

Fixed annoying issue where the plane would pirouette on some occasions (Smooth playback and slow motion)

Position libraries

• Vastly improved teleporting system - No more bouncing around
  • Pause on move - After each teleporting the simulation remains paused