Sign in to follow this  
JerryT87

Simbrief FP's different in FBW A320 and P2ATC.

4 hours ago, mat_p said:

To be honest, with MSFS the best thing to do is forget the world map and setting up flightplans in it.  Just do everything with simbrief and copy/pasted the route text straight in to P2ATC.

Done that too...problem is it doesn't load the SID/STAR from simbrief.

what i do  from simbrief  is  to copy  and  paste  the  route  to pilot2atc  than  add  the  departure  and  arrival  airport in.than  pilot2 atc will add  the  sid  and  star  to the  route  generally the  sids  and  stars  match  simbrief. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Here's how I have successfully loaded full plans into MSFS:

• Configure P2A to "Force Pilot Runway Selection" and also uncheck the "ATC Assigns SIDs", "ATC Assigns STAR", and "ATC Assigns Approach" options.  This should prevent the plan from changing when you File it later on.
  • Create your plan in P2A.  If you want to use SimBrief, then copy the Plan from the text string in SimBrief and use the FP Import to import into P2A.  Set the procedures if necessary. Validate the plan in P2A, checking that the Cruise Altitude, Plan GS, etc. are correct.
  • Export the plan using the Export window.  Be sure to check the MSFS export format and enter the folder where you want the plan to be stored.  Then press the Export button.
  • After starting MSFS, go to the world screen.  If desired, position your aircraft at the desired Departure airport gate or parking area.  DO NOT ENTER A DESTINATION AIRPORT. 
  • Press the Load button at the bottom of the World screen and find your exported .pln file.  Load the plan.
  • Press the Fly button.
  • Press the Ready to Fly button to get placed in the cockpit.
  • Connect P2A to the SIM.  You should now have the same plan in P2A and MSFS.  You are ready to File and call for clearance.

Dave  

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Here's how I have successfully loaded full plans into MSFS:

• Configure P2A to "Force Pilot Runway Selection" and also uncheck the "ATC Assigns SIDs", "ATC Assigns STAR", and "ATC Assigns Approach" options.  This should prevent the plan from changing when you File it later on.
  • Create your plan in P2A.  If you want to use SimBrief, then copy the Plan from the text string in SimBrief and use the FP Import to import into P2A.  Set the procedures if necessary. Validate the plan in P2A, checking that the Cruise Altitude, Plan GS, etc. are correct.
  • Export the plan using the Export window.  Be sure to check the MSFS export format and enter the folder where you want the plan to be stored.  Then press the Export button.
  • After starting MSFS, go to the world screen.  If desired, position your aircraft at the desired Departure airport gate or parking area.  DO NOT ENTER A DESTINATION AIRPORT. 
  • Press the Load button at the bottom of the World screen and find your exported .pln file.  Load the plan.
  • Press the Fly button.
  • Press the Ready to Fly button to get placed in the cockpit.
  • Connect P2A to the SIM.  You should now have the same plan in P2A and MSFS.  You are ready to File and call for clearance.

Dave  

Thanks Dave..I will give this a try.  

My understanding is the ATC assign function checked allows system to identify correct procedures base on real weather.  If that is correct, is there another way to do it with the options unchecked?

BTW...I did successfully use the export yesterday and everything worked except the P2A had me descend too fast and I almost hit a mountain...lol.  

That's correct about the ATC Assigns options, however, if you want to use the procedures assigned by SimBrief, you don't want P2A changing them, so you turn these off.  If you want P2A to assign them, then check these 3 options.

P2A gives descent instructions based on your current ground speed and planned descent rate.  If you descend faster than the planned descent rate, or slow the groundspeed after getting the descent, you could very well get below a safe altitude when not descending with a STAR.  Also, you may get a descent via a STAR and in that case, it is up to the restrictions in the STAR to keep you above the terrain.

Dave

58 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's correct about the ATC Assigns options, however, if you want to use the procedures assigned by SimBrief, you don't want P2A changing them, so you turn these off.  If you want P2A to assign them, then check these 3 options.

P2A gives descent instructions based on your current ground speed and planned descent rate.  If you descend faster than the planned descent rate, or slow the groundspeed after getting the descent, you could very well get below a safe altitude when not descending with a STAR.  Also, you may get a descent via a STAR and in that case, it is up to the restrictions in the STAR to keep you above the terrain.

Dave

Thanks again...I am new to P2A and really appreciate the quick feedback.  

Just tried your steps and it worked great!