Sign in to follow this  
TENPATROL

A32NX - EFB and integrated TOD calculator

Happy about any new feature. Now let them also add a pause at TOD please

Edited by DAD
  • Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Awesome! Is this in the dev version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Great news! Although my EFB has no functionality with latest developer build 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I know I am very picky, but the winds can play a factor in calculating the TOD. 

Can be fetched from simbrief. Knowing the team, they will include it!

Keep up the good work FBW!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pilot said:

why not just add a working vnav in the fbw 320? WT has cracked the puzzle and I am sure they are more than willing to share results.

It’s part of a much bigger system rewrite; they’re trying to lump it all in one instead of piecemeal release of each subsystem.

3 minutes ago, amahran said:

It’s part of a much bigger system rewrite; they’re trying to lump it all in one instead of piecemeal release of each subsystem.

Fair enough, not sure how that would work out for quality assurance but as always im keen to see what fbw does.

9 hours ago, DAD said:

Happy about any new feature. Now let them also add a pause at TOD please

Why would you need a pause at TOD? 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

8 minutes ago, hvw said:

Why would you need a pause at TOD? 

For longer flights when leaving the plane and AP unattended. I eg sometimes like cross Atlantic flights from say ENVA to KBOS which I do overnight, at the time I get up in the morning the plane may be run out of fuel at cruising level. Helps if the sim pauses so when I get back to me pc I can manually initiate the descent and finally approach. OTH pause @ TOD also comes in handy for shorter hops whenever I cannot guarantee that I am at my pc or able to follow the flight, nowadays I am in many calls and meetings at home and cannot always monitor my flight progressing

• Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

FWIW and in no way complaining knowing that the team around @IcemanFBW is working on it but with current dev mod as of 1hr ago may AP still does not behave. looked good at first sight, the neo did not lift off at EGLC automatically on my way to LZSH. but climb rate was minimal and than it started to heavily drift away from assigned flightpath. While I already increased deadzones from 8 to 13 as suggested elsewhere that did not help obviously. But what helped was disabling SEC1 and now smoothly sailing through the clouds 

Edit just telling because we had that SEC1 workaround before and they managed to fix it before latest WU3

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

1 hour ago, DAD said:

For longer flights when leaving the plane and AP unattended. I eg sometimes like cross Atlantic flights from say ENVA to KBOS which I do overnight, at the time I get up in the morning the plane may be run out of fuel at cruising level. 

Thanks for shedding some light on this matter, Phil. I never did think about this possibility as I only fly domestic routes in Europe, max 3 hours 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)