Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

New Flight Recorder - Freeware

For those really busy updating to WU3, probably you've missed this gem, available at Flightsim.to:

https://flightsim.to/file/8163/flight-recorder

It's still in development, as the version number suggests, but it's already performing quite well, and is very simple to use.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 5

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the tip Ed! I've not compared but JoinFS has a built-in recorder that's supposed to work with 2020, but it sounds like this utility might have more to offer?

Love it.. Its simple and to the point. 

Only thing, I cannot move the pointer of the replay. Say I pressed Record 5 min before landing. when I hit replay it goes back 5 min and replays the entire recording. What if I want to replay from the last 2 minutes only. IF he adds that feature, that would make this complete. 

It remembers gear, flap settings and most of the important settings of the aircraft. Fantastic. And its FREE.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Only thing, I cannot move the pointer of the replay. Say I pressed Record 5 min before landing. when I hit replay it goes back 5 min and replays the entire recording. What if I want to replay from the last 2 minutes only. IF he adds that feature, that would make this complete. 

I've done exactly one recording/reply. At first I could not move the pointer either. But then I could. Not sure what I did to enable it, perhaps it started working after I paused and resumed the reply. Or stopped it and restarted it.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

9 hours ago, Manny said:

Love it.. Its simple and to the point. 

It remembers gear, flap settings and most of the important settings of the aircraft. Fantastic. And its FREE.

You need to pause the replay and then position the pointer at any point. Afterwards again replay...

The best thing about this tool is; you can continue flying after you are done with the replay operations. Additionally, you can load the replay,stop it and make the same approach and record this also as another replay. Last but not least, you are able to load a replay at the beginning of the flight as a position saver and continue that flight. These are really simple and good properties of the tool.Thanks to the developer. Happy flying...

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

So I just downloaded this freeware replay addon. This was my first go at it. (Yes, it can easily be improved with practice!) One badly flown loop around EGVA RAF Fairford and a rather bad landing. This is very easy to use and I followed the advice to start recording with engines on and stop recording with engines off. The replay started at the beginning of recording but when I then paused it I could jump to any part of it. I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record the screen and then edited it. The slight jumps and stutters are my machine and happened normally. (i7 1080ti 32gb ram). This guy deserves a medal!

Edited by Beanoutback
  • Like 1

@BeanoutbackNice video.Thanks. 

How do you fix the camera externally; as fly-by ? ( I mean the camera is fixed but the plane is arriving and passing by at =  Video : 1:22 )

I could not find that option im MSFS.

Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

@BeanoutbackNice video.Thanks. 

How do you fix the camera externally; as fly-by ? ( I mean the camera is fixed but the plane is arriving and passing by at =  Video : 1:22 )

I could not find that option im MSFS.

Thanks.

So it's the options in the drone camera. Follow means the drone follows the aircraft and lock means it turns while looking at aircraft. You can do a non follow  and non lock, place the camera and it should fly by. Apologies if A: this doesn't make any sense and B: if that's not what you're asking (!).

• Like 1

It works perfectly and suits all of my needs. And best of all, at any point in the replay, you can get back into the "real" flight to practice landings.