Sign in to follow this  
Manny

TNCM is messed up

Sorry Manny, 

I only referenced this because it was the only instance where I have seen the chequerboard pattern. 

Given the fact that everyone else seems to be OK, it would definitely point to an add-on though.  Again, good luck mate with the hope that it was not the update which broke it.

Regards

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 minutes ago, Manny said:

reinstalling did not solve it.

Did you try running it by itself? That will help isolate the issue.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I removed all the freeware sceneries and the issue still exists,

Now delinking all the payware except TNCM 

Didn't solve it

Removing all my liveries now. 

Nope.

Going to remove community folder and a new community with only TNCM

Now the TNCM looks good.

So there now just two suspects FSDT and ORBX. I just did an FSDT updates.

So let me put the FSDT links back and try to see if I get the checkerboards and will do the same for Orbx Links

TNCM looks god with both FSDT and ORBX

Now, I am stumped. , I am putting everything back and maybe live with it. Don't want to spoil my weekend. 🙂

After I put everything back the Checkerboard beach is back. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Let’s us know if you find the culprit Manny. I too have TNCM and it looks fine, along with around 30GB in mods and scenery in the Community folder.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I removed all the freeware sceneries and the issue still exists,

Now delinking all the payware except TNCM 

Didn't solve it

Removing all my liveries now. 

Nope.

Going to remove community folder and a new community with only TNCM

Now the TNCM looks good.

So there now just two suspects FSDT and ORBX. I just did an FSDT updates.

So let me put the FSDT links back and try to see if I get the checkerboards and will do the same for Orbx Links

TNCM looks god with both FSDT and ORBX

Now, I am stumped. , I am putting everything back and maybe live with it. Don't want to spoil my weekend. 🙂

After I put everything back the Checkerboard beach is back. 

I use the linker ap and it makes it SO easy to find problem mods. I thought you were using it to organize your add-ons?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I use the linker ap and it makes it SO easy to find problem mods. I thought you were using it to organize your add-ons?

I did all that with the linker tool only. I may have missed something. I went about systematically delinking and trying out. and still did not find the offender. I may have to do this once again later.

when I had an empty community but for TNCM, it looked good. then I added all the FSDT and ORBX and it still looked good. then I add everything else back (Freeware, Payware and liveries) and got the checkerboard beach.

Earlier I had removed the freeware, MODS,  and (non FSDT, Non ORBX) payware and the liveries and the checkerboard problem did not go away. (s the problem cannot be the payware, freeware, liveries or mods)

So there is a conflict which I am not able to find.

• Like 1

Manny

I don’t partake in many Conga lines but when I do I prefer them to be across the threshold of a runway at a busy airport.

• Like 2

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

I am getting real warm to the offender.... 

Narrowed it down to one of my SimAddons adddon airports. If I delink all 4 folders, the problem goes away. I have 4 folders within the SimAddons. Need to identify which ones are intruding on TNCM now. 

I turned on two folders both related Halifax and they intrude on TNCM. Confirmed. 

I am now trying on the other two. Shearwater and winnipeg. these two also intrudes on TNCM

Are all four folders intruding or just two of them only? Narrowing that down now.

The winnipeg folder is ok. It does not intrudes on TNCM but shearwater folder does.

Capture.jpg

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

OK Two folders from SimAddons are the offenders. Confirmed. I need to contact the developer who lives in Switzerland I believe.

Capture.jpg

I reloaded all my other links but for these two folders and TNCM looks good. Phew! 

I missed finding the culprit the first time cause I had not moved Sim Addons folders to the Community_Files folder instead left it at Community folder as is. so did not delink them  when debugging them, I have now cleaned up my sloppy organization of folder management. 

him737.png

Edited by Manny

Manny

I just got an e-mail from Sim Market saying there is a TNCM 1.4 version file uploaded. Not sure if that would fix the issue of SimAddons bug .. But When I went to Sim Market I still can only find the TNCM 1.3 not the 1.4 version  of the tile.. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Hey Manny, Simmarket didn't put the proper name to the file but it is the updated 1.4. I did a properties comparison between the 1.3 downloaded in November and the one today. The one today is bigger. Once installed it shows up in Programs and Features as 1.4. Simmarket needs to fix that as its throwing people off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Hey Manny, Simmarket didn't put the proper name to the file but it is the updated 1.4. I did a properties comparison between the 1.3 downloaded in November and the one today. The one today is bigger. Once installed it shows up in Programs and Features as 1.4. Simmarket needs to fix that as its throwing people off.

I updated the latest TNCM file but this latest update did not solve the Checkerboard of the TNCM beach. Its an issue from SimAddons that they need to fix. SimAddons is an FSX addons converted for MSFS. But it has issues. 

Manny

Hello Manny

Interesting problem you have there.  I have all the SimAddons for MSFS and TNCM and do not have that checkerboard problem.  However, I do have a weird white strips that run down the length of the runway if I have my Zinertek Enhanced airport Graphics loaded. (Thanks himmelhorse for the tip). 

50963559918_ae67f0db65_m.jpg

50964373222_c6911dfdbb_m.jpg

Edited by rickjake
  • Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

1 minute ago, rickjake said:

Hello Manny

Interesting problem you have there.  I have all the SimAddons for MSFS and TNCM and do not have that checkerboard problem.  However, I do have a wired white strips that run down the length of the runway if I have my Zinertek Enhanced airport Graphics loaded. (Thanks himmelhorse for the tip). 

50963559918_ae67f0db65_m.jpg

50964373222_c6911dfdbb_m.jpg

WOW. Intereting. Do you have the exact same folders that I posted with screenshot? 

Capture.jpg

Manny

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

WOW. Intereting. Do you have the exact same folders that I posted with screenshot? 

Capture.jpg

Looks like it, but it seems I have a newer version of CYHZ.  Mine shows ver 1.1.47

50964310551_9fdc67ac90_b.jpg

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11